Mar 8, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
After the Nuggets beat the Clippers Thursday McGee did the live remote and went on Inside the NBA, where Shaq was doing his “I’m messin’ with ya but you know I love ya” routine.
McGee was having none of it, but came back at Shaq in a joking manner.
He described Shaq as a “bully” and said he never watches “Shaqtin’ a Coon.” He did it with a smile on his face, so he came off just like Shaq.
Ernie Johnson did the professional thing and jumped in after the coon comment to steer the interview away from the uncomfortable and toward the direction of talking about basketball and the Nuggets.
By the way, McGee was again on “Shaqtin’ a Fool” again Thursday. We’ll see if he’s on it next week or gets a few weeks off now.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 49
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65