Mar 8, 2013, 10:06 AM EST
After the Nuggets beat the Clippers Thursday McGee did the live remote and went on Inside the NBA, where Shaq was doing his “I’m messin’ with ya but you know I love ya” routine.
McGee was having none of it, but came back at Shaq in a joking manner.
He described Shaq as a “bully” and said he never watches “Shaqtin’ a Coon.” He did it with a smile on his face, so he came off just like Shaq.
Ernie Johnson did the professional thing and jumped in after the coon comment to steer the interview away from the uncomfortable and toward the direction of talking about basketball and the Nuggets.
By the way, McGee was again on “Shaqtin’ a Fool” again Thursday. We’ll see if he’s on it next week or gets a few weeks off now.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)