Mar 8, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
After the Nuggets beat the Clippers Thursday McGee did the live remote and went on Inside the NBA, where Shaq was doing his “I’m messin’ with ya but you know I love ya” routine.
McGee was having none of it, but came back at Shaq in a joking manner.
He described Shaq as a “bully” and said he never watches “Shaqtin’ a Coon.” He did it with a smile on his face, so he came off just like Shaq.
Ernie Johnson did the professional thing and jumped in after the coon comment to steer the interview away from the uncomfortable and toward the direction of talking about basketball and the Nuggets.
By the way, McGee was again on “Shaqtin’ a Fool” again Thursday. We’ll see if he’s on it next week or gets a few weeks off now.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18