Mar 8, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
After the Nuggets beat the Clippers Thursday McGee did the live remote and went on Inside the NBA, where Shaq was doing his “I’m messin’ with ya but you know I love ya” routine.
McGee was having none of it, but came back at Shaq in a joking manner.
He described Shaq as a “bully” and said he never watches “Shaqtin’ a Coon.” He did it with a smile on his face, so he came off just like Shaq.
Ernie Johnson did the professional thing and jumped in after the coon comment to steer the interview away from the uncomfortable and toward the direction of talking about basketball and the Nuggets.
By the way, McGee was again on “Shaqtin’ a Fool” again Thursday. We’ll see if he’s on it next week or gets a few weeks off now.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6