Mar 8, 2013, 4:11 PM EST
Well, this interview went a lot better than JaVale McGee on Inside the NBA.
Nuggets coach George Karl talks about beating the Clippers for their seventh straight win and was pretty up front about their strategy — they got lucky Jamal Crawford was out and they did not want to double Blake Griffin on the post (let him get his but don’t let him start beating you passing out of it, which he does pretty well).
Karl also talks about the Nuggets up tempo style and how their goal is to create mismatches and not let the defense set. It’s a good interview on a team that if they get home court in the first round stands a good chance of advancing. Frankly, a Nuggets/Grizzlies first round series would be a lot of fun no matter who is the four seed because it’s such a contrast of styles.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11