Mar 8, 2013, 4:11 PM EST
Well, this interview went a lot better than JaVale McGee on Inside the NBA.
Nuggets coach George Karl talks about beating the Clippers for their seventh straight win and was pretty up front about their strategy — they got lucky Jamal Crawford was out and they did not want to double Blake Griffin on the post (let him get his but don’t let him start beating you passing out of it, which he does pretty well).
Karl also talks about the Nuggets up tempo style and how their goal is to create mismatches and not let the defense set. It’s a good interview on a team that if they get home court in the first round stands a good chance of advancing. Frankly, a Nuggets/Grizzlies first round series would be a lot of fun no matter who is the four seed because it’s such a contrast of styles.
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 4
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 47
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 16
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8