Mar 8, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Well, this interview went a lot better than JaVale McGee on Inside the NBA.
Nuggets coach George Karl talks about beating the Clippers for their seventh straight win and was pretty up front about their strategy — they got lucky Jamal Crawford was out and they did not want to double Blake Griffin on the post (let him get his but don’t let him start beating you passing out of it, which he does pretty well).
Karl also talks about the Nuggets up tempo style and how their goal is to create mismatches and not let the defense set. It’s a good interview on a team that if they get home court in the first round stands a good chance of advancing. Frankly, a Nuggets/Grizzlies first round series would be a lot of fun no matter who is the four seed because it’s such a contrast of styles.
- Timberwolves run newspaper ad announcing Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins trade with Cavaliers 0
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 3
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 22
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54