Mar 8, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Well, this interview went a lot better than JaVale McGee on Inside the NBA.
Nuggets coach George Karl talks about beating the Clippers for their seventh straight win and was pretty up front about their strategy — they got lucky Jamal Crawford was out and they did not want to double Blake Griffin on the post (let him get his but don’t let him start beating you passing out of it, which he does pretty well).
Karl also talks about the Nuggets up tempo style and how their goal is to create mismatches and not let the defense set. It’s a good interview on a team that if they get home court in the first round stands a good chance of advancing. Frankly, a Nuggets/Grizzlies first round series would be a lot of fun no matter who is the four seed because it’s such a contrast of styles.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48