Mar 8, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Well, this interview went a lot better than JaVale McGee on Inside the NBA.
Nuggets coach George Karl talks about beating the Clippers for their seventh straight win and was pretty up front about their strategy — they got lucky Jamal Crawford was out and they did not want to double Blake Griffin on the post (let him get his but don’t let him start beating you passing out of it, which he does pretty well).
Karl also talks about the Nuggets up tempo style and how their goal is to create mismatches and not let the defense set. It’s a good interview on a team that if they get home court in the first round stands a good chance of advancing. Frankly, a Nuggets/Grizzlies first round series would be a lot of fun no matter who is the four seed because it’s such a contrast of styles.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32