Mar 8, 2013, 6:03 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• A lot of our younger readers read the headline of this story and said “who?” Back in the 1980s Jeff Ruland was a bruising center and a two-time All-Star who averaged a double-double — until the Sixers traded for him in 1986 (sending Moses Malone out). Then Ruland got injured, played just 18 games in two years and never had an impact on the Sixers. Sound familiar?
Ruland told CSNPhilly.com he hopes it is not, that he is betting on Bynum to make it back.
• Speaking of Lakers who believe, Metta World Peace remains convinced that he’s getting a ring this year.
• The Lakers have to catch someone to make the playoffs. Did Daryl Morey’s smart long-term play at the deadline hurt the Rockets this year?
• Speaking of the Rockets deadline acquisition, here is a Q&A with Thomas Robinson.
• Looking at the minds of the NBA’s best players. Cousins isn’t there yet.
• And we’ll end like we began, with a Sixers note — a Q&A with Evan Turner.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85