Mar 8, 2013, 6:03 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• A lot of our younger readers read the headline of this story and said “who?” Back in the 1980s Jeff Ruland was a bruising center and a two-time All-Star who averaged a double-double — until the Sixers traded for him in 1986 (sending Moses Malone out). Then Ruland got injured, played just 18 games in two years and never had an impact on the Sixers. Sound familiar?
Ruland told CSNPhilly.com he hopes it is not, that he is betting on Bynum to make it back.
• Speaking of Lakers who believe, Metta World Peace remains convinced that he’s getting a ring this year.
• The Lakers have to catch someone to make the playoffs. Did Daryl Morey’s smart long-term play at the deadline hurt the Rockets this year?
• Speaking of the Rockets deadline acquisition, here is a Q&A with Thomas Robinson.
• Looking at the minds of the NBA’s best players. Cousins isn’t there yet.
• And we’ll end like we began, with a Sixers note — a Q&A with Evan Turner.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 4
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 7
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31