Mar 7, 2013, 3:44 PM EST
Marcin Gortat, one of the few reliable players on the Suns night in and night out this season (and a guy whose role has shrunk as they try to develop young players) could be done for the year.
The Suns announced that Gortat has a sprained foot and would be out three to four weeks.
But this tweet from Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic made it sound worse.
The injury happened in the first half of the Suns loss to the Raptors Wednesday.
Gortat was shopped around at the deadline but there were no takers. Which is a bit of a surprise because the Polish Hammer is a solid, traditional center — 11.1 points a game, has grabbed 24.4 percent of the Suns defensive rebounds when on the floor this season — that a few playoff teams could have used.
I’d say this really hurts the Suns chances, but frankly it probably helps their chances of getting more Ping Pong balls in the lottery.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 10
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6