Mar 7, 2013, 3:44 PM EST
Marcin Gortat, one of the few reliable players on the Suns night in and night out this season (and a guy whose role has shrunk as they try to develop young players) could be done for the year.
The Suns announced that Gortat has a sprained foot and would be out three to four weeks.
But this tweet from Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic made it sound worse.
The injury happened in the first half of the Suns loss to the Raptors Wednesday.
Gortat was shopped around at the deadline but there were no takers. Which is a bit of a surprise because the Polish Hammer is a solid, traditional center — 11.1 points a game, has grabbed 24.4 percent of the Suns defensive rebounds when on the floor this season — that a few playoff teams could have used.
I’d say this really hurts the Suns chances, but frankly it probably helps their chances of getting more Ping Pong balls in the lottery.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 4
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 1
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 9
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 17