Mar 7, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
On the court… that would have been interesting. I mean, assuming Bynum ever gets back on the court. Like the Bucks backcourt, it could be both amazing and painfully bad, not even game to game but quarter to quarter.
We will not find out what a Bynum/Smith pairing would have been like.
I would think the Hawks asked for more here. Spencer Hawes is solid and has one more year after this at $6.6 million. Turner was slumping around the deadline and the Sixers have real questions about his place next to Jrue Holiday down the line. That’s not a great haul for the Hawks. Then again it’s not nothing either, and that’s what the Hawks got for the free agent to be in Smith. Danny Ferry clearly looked at his options at the deadline and chose cap space over Hawes and Turner.
For the Sixers, it would have meant two unrestricted free agents in Bynum and Smith that were going to cost a lot of money to keep this summer. They have rolled the dice since reaching the second round of the playoffs last year and thinking that was max for what that old roster could do. But this would have been doubling down on a bet that didn’t work yet the first time.
Maybe it’s best both sides walked away here.
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 2
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 4
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 32
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record