Mar 7, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
And now we come to the wedding section of ProBasketballTalk…
We have two bits of NBA wedding-related news to send out. Because we are a full service blog here.
First is that LeBron James and his long-time girlfriend and current fiancée Savannah Brinson have set a date. Of course, TMZ has the story, because they are TMZ (hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie).
We’ve obtained a copy of King James’ “Save The Date” … which instructs his friends to block out Friday Sept. 13 through Sunday Sept. 15 for the NBA star’s destination wedding to fiancée Savannah Brinson in exotic San Diego, CA.
The “Save the Date” even came with a fun caricature of Bron, Savannah and their 2 children … each dressed in their finest wedding outfits. Cute.
No, I didn’t get an invitation either. But San Diego is a beautiful place to have a wedding.
On a totally separate note, apparently NBA legend and current Bobcats owner Michael Jordan is about to tie the knot again, reports the Associated Press.
The former NBA star and Charlotte Bobcats owner appeared at the main Palm Beach County courthouse Thursday morning to apply for a marriage license, according to Kathy Burstein, a spokeswoman for the clerk’s office. Applicants must apply in person and a license is good for 60 days… Jordan got engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Cuban-American model Yvette Prieto, in December 2011.
No snark here, family is important. We wish both of them nothing but the best. I’ll keep waiting for my invitation.
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 0
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 26
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 22
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26