Mar 7, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
And now we come to the wedding section of ProBasketballTalk…
We have two bits of NBA wedding-related news to send out. Because we are a full service blog here.
First is that LeBron James and his long-time girlfriend and current fiancée Savannah Brinson have set a date. Of course, TMZ has the story, because they are TMZ (hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie).
We’ve obtained a copy of King James’ “Save The Date” … which instructs his friends to block out Friday Sept. 13 through Sunday Sept. 15 for the NBA star’s destination wedding to fiancée Savannah Brinson in exotic San Diego, CA.
The “Save the Date” even came with a fun caricature of Bron, Savannah and their 2 children … each dressed in their finest wedding outfits. Cute.
No, I didn’t get an invitation either. But San Diego is a beautiful place to have a wedding.
On a totally separate note, apparently NBA legend and current Bobcats owner Michael Jordan is about to tie the knot again, reports the Associated Press.
The former NBA star and Charlotte Bobcats owner appeared at the main Palm Beach County courthouse Thursday morning to apply for a marriage license, according to Kathy Burstein, a spokeswoman for the clerk’s office. Applicants must apply in person and a license is good for 60 days… Jordan got engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Cuban-American model Yvette Prieto, in December 2011.
No snark here, family is important. We wish both of them nothing but the best. I’ll keep waiting for my invitation.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17