Mar 7, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Off the inbounds, the play has Curry come off a high Lee/Andrew Bogut double screen. Lee’s man goes to trap Curry and that’s where Lee makes the smart move and pops out rather than rolls (as Thompson said later the play called for) to both give Curry a target and space the floor. Curry finds Lee with the bounce pass and Lee quickly passes to Thompson in the corner.
Notice where John Salmons is — he anticipates a Lee drive and sags down into the paint almost. At least I guess that’s what he was thinking. Whatever it was he left the deadly Thompson alone in the right corner and the Warriors got the win because of it.
A win the Warriors needed, what with the Lakers winning again and the Jazz and Rockets both losing. The Warriors need to stop the little skid they are on and this is a good start.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5