Mar 7, 2013, 8:43 AM EST
Off the inbounds, the play has Curry come off a high Lee/Andrew Bogut double screen. Lee’s man goes to trap Curry and that’s where Lee makes the smart move and pops out rather than rolls (as Thompson said later the play called for) to both give Curry a target and space the floor. Curry finds Lee with the bounce pass and Lee quickly passes to Thompson in the corner.
Notice where John Salmons is — he anticipates a Lee drive and sags down into the paint almost. At least I guess that’s what he was thinking. Whatever it was he left the deadly Thompson alone in the right corner and the Warriors got the win because of it.
A win the Warriors needed, what with the Lakers winning again and the Jazz and Rockets both losing. The Warriors need to stop the little skid they are on and this is a good start.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7