Mar 7, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Off the inbounds, the play has Curry come off a high Lee/Andrew Bogut double screen. Lee’s man goes to trap Curry and that’s where Lee makes the smart move and pops out rather than rolls (as Thompson said later the play called for) to both give Curry a target and space the floor. Curry finds Lee with the bounce pass and Lee quickly passes to Thompson in the corner.
Notice where John Salmons is — he anticipates a Lee drive and sags down into the paint almost. At least I guess that’s what he was thinking. Whatever it was he left the deadly Thompson alone in the right corner and the Warriors got the win because of it.
A win the Warriors needed, what with the Lakers winning again and the Jazz and Rockets both losing. The Warriors need to stop the little skid they are on and this is a good start.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20