Mar 7, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Off the inbounds, the play has Curry come off a high Lee/Andrew Bogut double screen. Lee’s man goes to trap Curry and that’s where Lee makes the smart move and pops out rather than rolls (as Thompson said later the play called for) to both give Curry a target and space the floor. Curry finds Lee with the bounce pass and Lee quickly passes to Thompson in the corner.
Notice where John Salmons is — he anticipates a Lee drive and sags down into the paint almost. At least I guess that’s what he was thinking. Whatever it was he left the deadly Thompson alone in the right corner and the Warriors got the win because of it.
A win the Warriors needed, what with the Lakers winning again and the Jazz and Rockets both losing. The Warriors need to stop the little skid they are on and this is a good start.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19