Mar 7, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Off the inbounds, the play has Curry come off a high Lee/Andrew Bogut double screen. Lee’s man goes to trap Curry and that’s where Lee makes the smart move and pops out rather than rolls (as Thompson said later the play called for) to both give Curry a target and space the floor. Curry finds Lee with the bounce pass and Lee quickly passes to Thompson in the corner.
Notice where John Salmons is — he anticipates a Lee drive and sags down into the paint almost. At least I guess that’s what he was thinking. Whatever it was he left the deadly Thompson alone in the right corner and the Warriors got the win because of it.
A win the Warriors needed, what with the Lakers winning again and the Jazz and Rockets both losing. The Warriors need to stop the little skid they are on and this is a good start.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 8
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 5
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4