Mar 7, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
Kevin Love has spent plenty of time this year icing his right hand, which he broke in preseason then re-fractured just 18 games into his return.
He’s going to do it again, just this time he’s going to ice the rest of his body, too.
Love is going to take part in a Polar Bear Plunge Saturday, jumping into Riley Lake, reports the Associated Press. If you have to ask the temperature of a lake in Minnesota in March, well, you’ve got some issues that need to be worked out. The reason is Love taking the plunge is to raise money for the Special Olympics, in association with several Minnesota law enforcement agencies.
Love is trying to get Timberwolves fans to jump with him, saying he’ll donate $5 a person up to $5,000 for fans that join him.
As for Love’s hand, he is seeing a specialist in New York, after which he hopes to get clearance to return to practice. From there it would be two to three weeks until he is back on the court.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7