Mar 7, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
Kevin Love has spent plenty of time this year icing his right hand, which he broke in preseason then re-fractured just 18 games into his return.
He’s going to do it again, just this time he’s going to ice the rest of his body, too.
Love is going to take part in a Polar Bear Plunge Saturday, jumping into Riley Lake, reports the Associated Press. If you have to ask the temperature of a lake in Minnesota in March, well, you’ve got some issues that need to be worked out. The reason is Love taking the plunge is to raise money for the Special Olympics, in association with several Minnesota law enforcement agencies.
Love is trying to get Timberwolves fans to jump with him, saying he’ll donate $5 a person up to $5,000 for fans that join him.
As for Love’s hand, he is seeing a specialist in New York, after which he hopes to get clearance to return to practice. From there it would be two to three weeks until he is back on the court.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 3
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10