Mar 7, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Kevin Love has spent plenty of time this year icing his right hand, which he broke in preseason then re-fractured just 18 games into his return.
He’s going to do it again, just this time he’s going to ice the rest of his body, too.
Love is going to take part in a Polar Bear Plunge Saturday, jumping into Riley Lake, reports the Associated Press. If you have to ask the temperature of a lake in Minnesota in March, well, you’ve got some issues that need to be worked out. The reason is Love taking the plunge is to raise money for the Special Olympics, in association with several Minnesota law enforcement agencies.
Love is trying to get Timberwolves fans to jump with him, saying he’ll donate $5 a person up to $5,000 for fans that join him.
As for Love’s hand, he is seeing a specialist in New York, after which he hopes to get clearance to return to practice. From there it would be two to three weeks until he is back on the court.
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58