Mar 7, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Kevin Love has spent plenty of time this year icing his right hand, which he broke in preseason then re-fractured just 18 games into his return.
He’s going to do it again, just this time he’s going to ice the rest of his body, too.
Love is going to take part in a Polar Bear Plunge Saturday, jumping into Riley Lake, reports the Associated Press. If you have to ask the temperature of a lake in Minnesota in March, well, you’ve got some issues that need to be worked out. The reason is Love taking the plunge is to raise money for the Special Olympics, in association with several Minnesota law enforcement agencies.
Love is trying to get Timberwolves fans to jump with him, saying he’ll donate $5 a person up to $5,000 for fans that join him.
As for Love’s hand, he is seeing a specialist in New York, after which he hopes to get clearance to return to practice. From there it would be two to three weeks until he is back on the court.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21