Mar 7, 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
With a little over four minutes left in this game, the Pacers were up nine and seemingly in control of this game.
But that Jeff Green layup with .05 on the clock capped an 11-0 Celtics run to win the game 83-81. It’s a play that happened because everyone on the planet expected Kevin Garnett to be the shooter, including David West, who stopped watching Green and got bumped off by a strong Paul Pierce screen. Lance Stephenson should have been the weakside help but he was a spectator.
This game explains a lot about how people view these teams heading into the playoffs. Boston doesn’t have the most talent but the guys they have make plays under pressure and execute with the game on the line, which makes them dangerous. The Pacers still played great defense for the game (they only gave up 83) but you can slow their offense to the point that it’s still a game late.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4