Mar 7, 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
With a little over four minutes left in this game, the Pacers were up nine and seemingly in control of this game.
But that Jeff Green layup with .05 on the clock capped an 11-0 Celtics run to win the game 83-81. It’s a play that happened because everyone on the planet expected Kevin Garnett to be the shooter, including David West, who stopped watching Green and got bumped off by a strong Paul Pierce screen. Lance Stephenson should have been the weakside help but he was a spectator.
This game explains a lot about how people view these teams heading into the playoffs. Boston doesn’t have the most talent but the guys they have make plays under pressure and execute with the game on the line, which makes them dangerous. The Pacers still played great defense for the game (they only gave up 83) but you can slow their offense to the point that it’s still a game late.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 23
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 26
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 12
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 14
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26