Mar 7, 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
With a little over four minutes left in this game, the Pacers were up nine and seemingly in control of this game.
But that Jeff Green layup with .05 on the clock capped an 11-0 Celtics run to win the game 83-81. It’s a play that happened because everyone on the planet expected Kevin Garnett to be the shooter, including David West, who stopped watching Green and got bumped off by a strong Paul Pierce screen. Lance Stephenson should have been the weakside help but he was a spectator.
This game explains a lot about how people view these teams heading into the playoffs. Boston doesn’t have the most talent but the guys they have make plays under pressure and execute with the game on the line, which makes them dangerous. The Pacers still played great defense for the game (they only gave up 83) but you can slow their offense to the point that it’s still a game late.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6