Mar 7, 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
With a little over four minutes left in this game, the Pacers were up nine and seemingly in control of this game.
But that Jeff Green layup with .05 on the clock capped an 11-0 Celtics run to win the game 83-81. It’s a play that happened because everyone on the planet expected Kevin Garnett to be the shooter, including David West, who stopped watching Green and got bumped off by a strong Paul Pierce screen. Lance Stephenson should have been the weakside help but he was a spectator.
This game explains a lot about how people view these teams heading into the playoffs. Boston doesn’t have the most talent but the guys they have make plays under pressure and execute with the game on the line, which makes them dangerous. The Pacers still played great defense for the game (they only gave up 83) but you can slow their offense to the point that it’s still a game late.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19