Mar 7, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game on Thursday due to a sore right knee, Mike Woodson confirmed to reporters before tip-off. The Knicks host the Thunder at Madison Square Garden in a nationally televised contest on TNT.
Anthony missed the game against the Pistons on Wednesday for the same reason, one that the Knicks were able to win without him. The Thunder, obviously, should present a much tougher challenge.
Kurt Thomas got the start in Anthony’s place against Detroit, though really just as a placeholder so Woodson could keep his rotations somewhat intact. Thomas played just four minutes in that one, but the plan is for him to start against Oklahoma City once again.
The initial injury seemed to occur Monday night against the Cavaliers.
Anthony is officially being listed as day-to-day, with his team’s next game coming on Sunday at home against the Utah Jazz.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15