Mar 7, 2013, 7:44 PM EST
Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game on Thursday due to a sore right knee, Mike Woodson confirmed to reporters before tip-off. The Knicks host the Thunder at Madison Square Garden in a nationally televised contest on TNT.
Anthony missed the game against the Pistons on Wednesday for the same reason, one that the Knicks were able to win without him. The Thunder, obviously, should present a much tougher challenge.
Kurt Thomas got the start in Anthony’s place against Detroit, though really just as a placeholder so Woodson could keep his rotations somewhat intact. Thomas played just four minutes in that one, but the plan is for him to start against Oklahoma City once again.
The initial injury seemed to occur Monday night against the Cavaliers.
Anthony is officially being listed as day-to-day, with his team’s next game coming on Sunday at home against the Utah Jazz.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 10
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 26
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 39