Mar 7, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game on Thursday due to a sore right knee, Mike Woodson confirmed to reporters before tip-off. The Knicks host the Thunder at Madison Square Garden in a nationally televised contest on TNT.
Anthony missed the game against the Pistons on Wednesday for the same reason, one that the Knicks were able to win without him. The Thunder, obviously, should present a much tougher challenge.
Kurt Thomas got the start in Anthony’s place against Detroit, though really just as a placeholder so Woodson could keep his rotations somewhat intact. Thomas played just four minutes in that one, but the plan is for him to start against Oklahoma City once again.
The initial injury seemed to occur Monday night against the Cavaliers.
Anthony is officially being listed as day-to-day, with his team’s next game coming on Sunday at home against the Utah Jazz.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31