Mar 7, 2013, 7:44 PM EST
Carmelo Anthony will miss his second straight game on Thursday due to a sore right knee, Mike Woodson confirmed to reporters before tip-off. The Knicks host the Thunder at Madison Square Garden in a nationally televised contest on TNT.
Anthony missed the game against the Pistons on Wednesday for the same reason, one that the Knicks were able to win without him. The Thunder, obviously, should present a much tougher challenge.
Kurt Thomas got the start in Anthony’s place against Detroit, though really just as a placeholder so Woodson could keep his rotations somewhat intact. Thomas played just four minutes in that one, but the plan is for him to start against Oklahoma City once again.
The initial injury seemed to occur Monday night against the Cavaliers.
Anthony is officially being listed as day-to-day, with his team’s next game coming on Sunday at home against the Utah Jazz.
- Bobcats lose Jeffery Taylor for season with ruptured Achilles 0
- Carmelo Anthony after latest home loss to Grizzlies: ‘I think it’s in our heads’ 13
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 27
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 12
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (71)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (64)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now (45)