Mar 6, 2013, 7:08 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Greg Oden’s agent Mike Conley Sr. (yes, the father of the Memphis point guard) told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida that the center is still looking at four teams to sign with this summer — Miami, San Antonio, Cleveland and Charlotte. The smart money is still on Cleveland, but one should never rule out the temptations of Miami (and the sales job Pat Riley can do).
• It’s not just the basketball side of the NBA front offices that are using advanced stats, they are starting to use the same thing to target ticket sales. Which is if anything behind the curve of what other marketing businesses are doing.
• Lawrence Frank will not be coaching the Pistons Wednesday, he’s away from the team on a personal matter.
• Greg Monroe is also out for the Pistons on Wednesday.
• Lamar Odom dozed off in the hall this week outside his child support hearing. At least he didn’t do it in front of the judge.
• Speaking of courtrooms, Mark Cuban’s efforts to get an insider trading case against him thrown out of court fell short.
• Doc Rivers feels for Philadelphia and what it’s been like to be without their star all season.
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar says he would love to coach the Milwaukee Bucks. I imagine so. But he should have to do what Patrick Ewing and so many others have done first and spend years as an assistant coach, not just be given the gig.
• The brother of Donald Fehr — the respected head of the NHL’s players union — basically ruled out Fehr taking over the NBA players union for Billy Hunter.
• Finally, Tyson Chandler has hooked up with a good cause — protecting elephants.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EST
Shaw was an assistant coach in Indiana before landing the head coaching spot in Denver.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
Good news for OKC.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:38 PM EST
Nuggets are 20-39 this season.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
Barnes isn’t wrong that the punishment for him doing something like this would have been much more severe.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Clippers have a reputation with the referees, which likely was why Redick was tossed for seemingly innocuous comments.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
Mar 3, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
KG played for Doc Rivers on the Celtics’ 2008 title team, but wasn’t willing to take any grief from his son.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:50 AM EST
Warriors had plenty of fans show up in Brooklyn.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:10 AM EST
Suns-Heat was all kinds of physical.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
That had 10 times the punches of an NBA “fight.”
Mar 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Ricky Rubio got the triple-double, CP3 will take the win.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:55 AM EST
Goran Dragic would have sat out with back pain against anyone else, but he dropped 21 on the Suns.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:14 AM EST
Zach LaVine can get up. But you already knew that.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
The Warriors fell to 46-12.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Griffin has missed the Clippers’ last 10 games.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Whiteside grabbed Len by the legs.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
Hamilton had no chance.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:00 PM EST
Yes, you read that right.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:15 PM EST
Teletovic is also out for the season.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
We’ll see about that.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 5
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 14
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36