Mar 6, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
That is a money shot.
It’s always fun to see a fan drain a halfcourt shot — but that $20,000 means a lot more to Heath Kufahl than it would to just about anybody else in the building that night. From the Oklahoman.
Heath’s wife, Jenni, was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer in October of 2012. The money will be used for mounting medical bills.
We wish Heath and his wife the best and hope the money helps. It was fun watching him win it.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 2
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 38
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 6
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 14
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 28
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5