Mar 6, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
That is a money shot.
It’s always fun to see a fan drain a halfcourt shot — but that $20,000 means a lot more to Heath Kufahl than it would to just about anybody else in the building that night. From the Oklahoman.
Heath’s wife, Jenni, was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer in October of 2012. The money will be used for mounting medical bills.
We wish Heath and his wife the best and hope the money helps. It was fun watching him win it.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68