Mar 6, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
That is a money shot.
It’s always fun to see a fan drain a halfcourt shot — but that $20,000 means a lot more to Heath Kufahl than it would to just about anybody else in the building that night. From the Oklahoman.
Heath’s wife, Jenni, was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer in October of 2012. The money will be used for mounting medical bills.
We wish Heath and his wife the best and hope the money helps. It was fun watching him win it.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 37
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 29
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12