Mar 6, 2013, 2:19 AM EDT
It’s an exciting time in the NBA when some of the league’s fresher faces are able to dominate the headlines at times and, more importantly, lead their respective teams to victory. On a light three-game slate in the Association, we had one of the younger guys playing a key role in all three contests.
Third Star: Avery Bradley (22 points on 10-15 shooting, 7 rebounds, 5 assists)
The Celtics beat the Sixers in Philadelphia, which isn’t really news considering how bad the Sixers have been in recent weeks. But Bradley leading Boston to victory was different. He’s been known for his perimeter defense, but starting at the point guard spot, he lead Boston in scoring in this one, and the Celtics are now 12-4 since Rajon Rondo went down for the season with the ACL injury.
Second Star: Kenneth Faried (19 points, 12 rebounds, game-high +20)
It’s almost not fair to reward a player for going off against the Kings, considering Sacramento is 29th in the league in defensive efficiency, giving up an unconscionable 108.9 points per 100 possessions. But somebody has to be the one to contribute to win those games, and Faried was all over the place in this one, leading his team in rebounding and finishing a game-high plus-20 in his time on the floor.
First Star: Russell Westbrook (37 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists)
The Lakers aren’t exactly a great matchup for the Thunder at this point, but Westbrook had a below-average outing the last time these teams met, and it resulted in Oklahoma City losing in Los Angeles. Tuesday at home, Westbrook made sure to come out strong, and scored 13 first quarter points to ensure this one was never in doubt.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7