Mar 6, 2013, 3:43 PM EST
Not sure there is ever a bright side to a stabbing, but the NBA league office can at least breathe easy that this apparently had nothing to do with the game or fans at it.
Two men were injured by another man with a knife inside the Cox Convention Center parking area across the street from the Chesapeake Arena where the Thunder beat the Lakers Tuesday night.
There are a lot of varying reports on what happened and how serious the injuries were, but the Oklahoman says that both men were treated and released from the hospital. This appears to be a domestic dispute.
A man who works on a cleaning crew at the Cox Convention Center and another man both suffered knife wounds in a domestic-related incident Tuesday night, (police Sgt. Jennifer) Wardlow said.
Both men were taken to OU Medical Center about 10:50 p.m., where they were treated for minor knife wounds, she said.
A woman who also works on the cleaning crew told police she went to work Tuesday night with a man who is her co-worker. She said her ex-boyfriend followed her from her home to the south end of the basement level of the Cox parking garage.
There were reports one of the men injured was a passerby who tried to intervene.
At least nobody was seriously injured.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)