Mar 6, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Not sure there is ever a bright side to a stabbing, but the NBA league office can at least breathe easy that this apparently had nothing to do with the game or fans at it.
Two men were injured by another man with a knife inside the Cox Convention Center parking area across the street from the Chesapeake Arena where the Thunder beat the Lakers Tuesday night.
There are a lot of varying reports on what happened and how serious the injuries were, but the Oklahoman says that both men were treated and released from the hospital. This appears to be a domestic dispute.
A man who works on a cleaning crew at the Cox Convention Center and another man both suffered knife wounds in a domestic-related incident Tuesday night, (police Sgt. Jennifer) Wardlow said.
Both men were taken to OU Medical Center about 10:50 p.m., where they were treated for minor knife wounds, she said.
A woman who also works on the cleaning crew told police she went to work Tuesday night with a man who is her co-worker. She said her ex-boyfriend followed her from her home to the south end of the basement level of the Cox parking garage.
There were reports one of the men injured was a passerby who tried to intervene.
At least nobody was seriously injured.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 14
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10