Mar 6, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Not sure there is ever a bright side to a stabbing, but the NBA league office can at least breathe easy that this apparently had nothing to do with the game or fans at it.
Two men were injured by another man with a knife inside the Cox Convention Center parking area across the street from the Chesapeake Arena where the Thunder beat the Lakers Tuesday night.
There are a lot of varying reports on what happened and how serious the injuries were, but the Oklahoman says that both men were treated and released from the hospital. This appears to be a domestic dispute.
A man who works on a cleaning crew at the Cox Convention Center and another man both suffered knife wounds in a domestic-related incident Tuesday night, (police Sgt. Jennifer) Wardlow said.
Both men were taken to OU Medical Center about 10:50 p.m., where they were treated for minor knife wounds, she said.
A woman who also works on the cleaning crew told police she went to work Tuesday night with a man who is her co-worker. She said her ex-boyfriend followed her from her home to the south end of the basement level of the Cox parking garage.
There were reports one of the men injured was a passerby who tried to intervene.
At least nobody was seriously injured.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 19
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 10
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 15
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months