Mar 6, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
Not sure there is ever a bright side to a stabbing, but the NBA league office can at least breathe easy that this apparently had nothing to do with the game or fans at it.
Two men were injured by another man with a knife inside the Cox Convention Center parking area across the street from the Chesapeake Arena where the Thunder beat the Lakers Tuesday night.
There are a lot of varying reports on what happened and how serious the injuries were, but the Oklahoman says that both men were treated and released from the hospital. This appears to be a domestic dispute.
A man who works on a cleaning crew at the Cox Convention Center and another man both suffered knife wounds in a domestic-related incident Tuesday night, (police Sgt. Jennifer) Wardlow said.
Both men were taken to OU Medical Center about 10:50 p.m., where they were treated for minor knife wounds, she said.
A woman who also works on the cleaning crew told police she went to work Tuesday night with a man who is her co-worker. She said her ex-boyfriend followed her from her home to the south end of the basement level of the Cox parking garage.
There were reports one of the men injured was a passerby who tried to intervene.
At least nobody was seriously injured.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 4
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 3
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 12
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14