Mar 6, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Miami came in having won 15 in a row, but that doesn’t mean they were now immune to the early-season lethargy that saw them losing games they shouldn’t have. We got to see “coasting Miami” again Wednesday night against the Magic, a team that is scrappy but not very talented.
Scrappy was almost enough — Orlando fought back from 20 down to take the lead — but with the game on the line the Heat isolated for LeBron James and he got to the rim and hit the game winner with 3.2 seconds left. The Heat won 97-96. It’s good to have the best player in the game on your side.
LeBron finished with 26 points on 14 shots.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18