Mar 6, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Miami came in having won 15 in a row, but that doesn’t mean they were now immune to the early-season lethargy that saw them losing games they shouldn’t have. We got to see “coasting Miami” again Wednesday night against the Magic, a team that is scrappy but not very talented.
Scrappy was almost enough — Orlando fought back from 20 down to take the lead — but with the game on the line the Heat isolated for LeBron James and he got to the rim and hit the game winner with 3.2 seconds left. The Heat won 97-96. It’s good to have the best player in the game on your side.
LeBron finished with 26 points on 14 shots.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41