Mar 6, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Miami came in having won 15 in a row, but that doesn’t mean they were now immune to the early-season lethargy that saw them losing games they shouldn’t have. We got to see “coasting Miami” again Wednesday night against the Magic, a team that is scrappy but not very talented.
Scrappy was almost enough — Orlando fought back from 20 down to take the lead — but with the game on the line the Heat isolated for LeBron James and he got to the rim and hit the game winner with 3.2 seconds left. The Heat won 97-96. It’s good to have the best player in the game on your side.
LeBron finished with 26 points on 14 shots.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 32
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 27
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3