Mar 6, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Happy birthday to Shaquille O’Neal. The Big Candle (at least for today).
For you youngsters out there who know Shaq as the guy who argues with Charles Barkley every Thursday, or know him from his stints in Cleveland and Boston at the end of his career, you should know he’s one of the best centers this game has ever seen. And young Shaq was an insanely good athlete for his size. For any size.
Here are some highlights of Shaq’s rookie year in Orlando, when he was still so quick and even then more powerful than an NBA backboard. Enjoy.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 0
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 28
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 6
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19