Mar 6, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
Happy birthday to Shaquille O’Neal. The Big Candle (at least for today).
For you youngsters out there who know Shaq as the guy who argues with Charles Barkley every Thursday, or know him from his stints in Cleveland and Boston at the end of his career, you should know he’s one of the best centers this game has ever seen. And young Shaq was an insanely good athlete for his size. For any size.
Here are some highlights of Shaq’s rookie year in Orlando, when he was still so quick and even then more powerful than an NBA backboard. Enjoy.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20