Mar 6, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Happy birthday to Shaquille O’Neal. The Big Candle (at least for today).
For you youngsters out there who know Shaq as the guy who argues with Charles Barkley every Thursday, or know him from his stints in Cleveland and Boston at the end of his career, you should know he’s one of the best centers this game has ever seen. And young Shaq was an insanely good athlete for his size. For any size.
Here are some highlights of Shaq’s rookie year in Orlando, when he was still so quick and even then more powerful than an NBA backboard. Enjoy.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10