Mar 6, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Happy birthday to Shaquille O’Neal. The Big Candle (at least for today).
For you youngsters out there who know Shaq as the guy who argues with Charles Barkley every Thursday, or know him from his stints in Cleveland and Boston at the end of his career, you should know he’s one of the best centers this game has ever seen. And young Shaq was an insanely good athlete for his size. For any size.
Here are some highlights of Shaq’s rookie year in Orlando, when he was still so quick and even then more powerful than an NBA backboard. Enjoy.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 0
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 33
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 21
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1