Mar 6, 2013, 11:06 AM EST
If you are reading this blog, you likely are the demographic the new Esquire Network cable channel (formerly G4) is targeting. Or at least you like to think you are. The network is going after the “upscale men” demographic. Just like the tied-in magazine. No, don’t doubt yourself, you totally qualify as upscale.
That network also is giving Baron Davis his own show. The Boom Dizzle.
The half-hour “How I Rock It” (working title), from Ryan Seacrest Prods. and Citizen Jones, host and NBA superstar Baron Davis profiles athletes, musicians, celebrities, designers, influencers and street-style icons whose careers, lives and lifestyles are setting a stylish new standard for today’s modern man.
Just to be clear, Baron Davis and Ryan Seacrest are working together. Did not see that coming.
Davis has done a fair amount of production stuff (did you know he’s one of the guys behind NOC TV videos on YouTube?). He’s good on camera. Maybe this can work. Celebrity profile shows really come back to the host — can he make the guest open up or does it come off like a 30-minute show scripted by a publicist? Is it genuine or artificial?
Davis is great as a person and on camera, and I’ll admit a soft spot for his play and him going back to his days in Westwood. Not sure that makes me watch the show, but I’ll give him a chance when I might have mocked others for doing this.
But if he’s working on television shows don’t look for an NBA comeback.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46