Mar 5, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
In case you missed it, Dennis Rodman was in North Korea last week doing a little basketball diplomacy and meeting with one of the world’s true old-school (and I don’t mean that in a good way) dictators in Kim Jong Un.
Since his return Rodman has been doing the talk-show circuit talking about what a great and humble guy Kim Jong Un is. Even as we all roll our eyes and say “a guy who has ordered a 100,000 person military parade in his honor is not humble.”
But Rodman will not stop praising the North Korean leader to the point of driving other people crazy. Like in a New York hotel bar, reports the New York Post.
“He was at the bar at Serafina for three hours,” says a spy. “He kept saying what a nice guy Kim is, and how Kim just wants to talk to President Obama about basketball. He was waving around a signed copy of the dictator’s huge manifesto, telling everyone they should read it.”
Added the witness, “Dennis was making a total jerk of himself. He wouldn’t leave, and he wouldn’t let anyone talk to him about shutting up, or what an oppressive country North Korea is. Eventually he had to leave the bar because the bartender was starting to get [bleep]ed-off.”
The story goes on to say he was asked to leave. For the record, Rodman’s publicists deny this and the hotel will not comment.
But if you’ve watched Rodman recently, does this at all seem unlikely or out of character?
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11