Mar 5, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
In case you missed it, Dennis Rodman was in North Korea last week doing a little basketball diplomacy and meeting with one of the world’s true old-school (and I don’t mean that in a good way) dictators in Kim Jong Un.
Since his return Rodman has been doing the talk-show circuit talking about what a great and humble guy Kim Jong Un is. Even as we all roll our eyes and say “a guy who has ordered a 100,000 person military parade in his honor is not humble.”
But Rodman will not stop praising the North Korean leader to the point of driving other people crazy. Like in a New York hotel bar, reports the New York Post.
“He was at the bar at Serafina for three hours,” says a spy. “He kept saying what a nice guy Kim is, and how Kim just wants to talk to President Obama about basketball. He was waving around a signed copy of the dictator’s huge manifesto, telling everyone they should read it.”
Added the witness, “Dennis was making a total jerk of himself. He wouldn’t leave, and he wouldn’t let anyone talk to him about shutting up, or what an oppressive country North Korea is. Eventually he had to leave the bar because the bartender was starting to get [bleep]ed-off.”
The story goes on to say he was asked to leave. For the record, Rodman’s publicists deny this and the hotel will not comment.
But if you’ve watched Rodman recently, does this at all seem unlikely or out of character?
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 5
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 15
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 20
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3