Mar 5, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
In case you missed it, Dennis Rodman was in North Korea last week doing a little basketball diplomacy and meeting with one of the world’s true old-school (and I don’t mean that in a good way) dictators in Kim Jong Un.
Since his return Rodman has been doing the talk-show circuit talking about what a great and humble guy Kim Jong Un is. Even as we all roll our eyes and say “a guy who has ordered a 100,000 person military parade in his honor is not humble.”
But Rodman will not stop praising the North Korean leader to the point of driving other people crazy. Like in a New York hotel bar, reports the New York Post.
“He was at the bar at Serafina for three hours,” says a spy. “He kept saying what a nice guy Kim is, and how Kim just wants to talk to President Obama about basketball. He was waving around a signed copy of the dictator’s huge manifesto, telling everyone they should read it.”
Added the witness, “Dennis was making a total jerk of himself. He wouldn’t leave, and he wouldn’t let anyone talk to him about shutting up, or what an oppressive country North Korea is. Eventually he had to leave the bar because the bartender was starting to get [bleep]ed-off.”
The story goes on to say he was asked to leave. For the record, Rodman’s publicists deny this and the hotel will not comment.
But if you’ve watched Rodman recently, does this at all seem unlikely or out of character?
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38