Mar 5, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
Is Matt Barnes saying anything we weren’t all thinking?
When the word came down that Serge Ibaka was not getting suspended for his foul hitting Blake Griffin in the crotch the NBA twitterverse did a collective, “Really?” I don’t think Ibaka intentionally hit Griffin in a place no man wants to be hit, he was trying to shake Griffin’s grip on his jersey — but you are still responsible for your body and actions. What matters is the result, not the intent. Ibaka should have been suspended a game.
Shockingly, the Clippers agreed he should have sat (as did LeBron and Wade).
And Griffin’s Clipper teammate Barnes said if it was anyone else it was would have been a suspension. This tweet went on to TMI:
Let me or @mettaworldpeace do that & I guarantee its a 5 game suspension.. I luv *how* there are different rules, for different people!
Then there was this:
Anyone think Barnes is wrong?
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, leaves dent (VIDEO) 0
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 5
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29