Mar 5, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Is Matt Barnes saying anything we weren’t all thinking?
When the word came down that Serge Ibaka was not getting suspended for his foul hitting Blake Griffin in the crotch the NBA twitterverse did a collective, “Really?” I don’t think Ibaka intentionally hit Griffin in a place no man wants to be hit, he was trying to shake Griffin’s grip on his jersey — but you are still responsible for your body and actions. What matters is the result, not the intent. Ibaka should have been suspended a game.
Shockingly, the Clippers agreed he should have sat (as did LeBron and Wade).
And Griffin’s Clipper teammate Barnes said if it was anyone else it was would have been a suspension. This tweet went on to TMI:
Let me or @mettaworldpeace do that & I guarantee its a 5 game suspension.. I luv *how* there are different rules, for different people!
Then there was this:
Anyone think Barnes is wrong?
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 0
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 35
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 14
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3