Mar 5, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Is Matt Barnes saying anything we weren’t all thinking?
When the word came down that Serge Ibaka was not getting suspended for his foul hitting Blake Griffin in the crotch the NBA twitterverse did a collective, “Really?” I don’t think Ibaka intentionally hit Griffin in a place no man wants to be hit, he was trying to shake Griffin’s grip on his jersey — but you are still responsible for your body and actions. What matters is the result, not the intent. Ibaka should have been suspended a game.
Shockingly, the Clippers agreed he should have sat (as did LeBron and Wade).
And Griffin’s Clipper teammate Barnes said if it was anyone else it was would have been a suspension. This tweet went on to TMI:
Let me or @mettaworldpeace do that & I guarantee its a 5 game suspension.. I luv *how* there are different rules, for different people!
Then there was this:
Anyone think Barnes is wrong?
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4