Mar 5, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Is Matt Barnes saying anything we weren’t all thinking?
When the word came down that Serge Ibaka was not getting suspended for his foul hitting Blake Griffin in the crotch the NBA twitterverse did a collective, “Really?” I don’t think Ibaka intentionally hit Griffin in a place no man wants to be hit, he was trying to shake Griffin’s grip on his jersey — but you are still responsible for your body and actions. What matters is the result, not the intent. Ibaka should have been suspended a game.
Shockingly, the Clippers agreed he should have sat (as did LeBron and Wade).
And Griffin’s Clipper teammate Barnes said if it was anyone else it was would have been a suspension. This tweet went on to TMI:
Let me or @mettaworldpeace do that & I guarantee its a 5 game suspension.. I luv *how* there are different rules, for different people!
Then there was this:
Anyone think Barnes is wrong?
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 35
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70