Mar 5, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Barea’s foul on Allen was downgraded from a flagrant 2 to a flagrant 1 by the league — that means there will be no fine or suspension for the play. Barea was ejected for the hit above after it was reviewed by referees, if they had ruled it a flagrant 1 he would have been allowed to stay in the game.
If you’re wondering, here is how the league defines these fouls:
Flagrant 1 — unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent. The opposing team is awarded two (2) free throws and possession.
Flagrant 2 — unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent. The opposing team is awarded two (2) free throws and possession and the player committing the foul is automatically ejected.
I don’t really have a problem with this move by the league — Berea clearly fouled hard but there doesn’t seem to be an intent to injure here.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29