Mar 5, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
Michael Jordan wisely did not comment last week when a story leaked about a woman suing Michael Jordan in a paternity lawsuit for her 16-year-old son saying Jordan was the father.
But you knew Jordan’s lawyers would not stay quiet for long — and they fired back with what may well be a winning shot.
Then have filed asking the judge in the case to dismiss the charges because the woman already admitted her ex-husband is the father in other court documents, reports the Associated Press.
Jordan’s lawyer John Mayoue said in a document filed in Fulton County Superior Court that the six-time NBA champion is not the father of Pamela Y. Smith’s 16-year-old son. The paternity of the teen was “conclusively established” in divorce filings between Smith and her ex-husband, Jordan’s attorney wrote.
Jordan, 50, is the majority owner of the NBA’s Charlotte Bobcats. His spokeswoman Estee Portnoy released a statement to The Associated Press.
“Public records show that the paternity of the child was established in a prior case in this same court many years ago and that Michael Jordan is not the father. He also filed a counterclaim seeking sanctions for the false claims made against him. It is unfortunate that well-known figures are the target of these kind of claims. Michael Jordan will vigorously defend himself and his reputation.”
Hopefully this will be the end of us having to talk about Jordan’s sex life. I have no idea what really happened 17 years ago between Jordan and Smith, but if she has really said in previous court documents that her ex is the father this case is over and she has had her 15 minutes. Let’s all move on to the important issues before Jordan, such as Bobcats vs. Hornets.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10