Mar 5, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT
If you read PBT’s And-1 links then you already know former NBA player Robert Swift was being forclosed on and getting kicked out of his Seattle area home (which the bank sold to another family). Except Swift was squatting there, refusing to leave.
Well, he’s out. But the interesting/disturbing part is what he left behind when he finally moved out over the weekend.
The people at komonews.com have the story (and video if you go to their site).
“The first thing you get when you walk in the door is kind of whiff of whatever is festering in here,” said Jessica Ko-Dalzell. She and her husband Eric now own a mansion on a hill Sammamish….
Animal feces clogs the deck. Walls are punched out on different levels of the house. One even has an autograph. Pizza boxes and beer bottles are piled on the kitchen granite. Multiple guns were found in the home. Some appear to be air guns, but live ammo was also found. Dalzell said they also found a handgun. A makeshift shooting range is in the basement storage area. Eric Dalzell said load-bearing beams have graze marks from bullets, and part of the home’s foundation appeared to stop some of the slugs.
So, apparently he stopped paying for the housecleaning services.
If you are in the future buying a home from a former NBA player, the lesson here is caveat emptor.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 19
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5