Mar 5, 2013, 10:42 AM EST
If you read PBT’s And-1 links then you already know former NBA player Robert Swift was being forclosed on and getting kicked out of his Seattle area home (which the bank sold to another family). Except Swift was squatting there, refusing to leave.
Well, he’s out. But the interesting/disturbing part is what he left behind when he finally moved out over the weekend.
The people at komonews.com have the story (and video if you go to their site).
“The first thing you get when you walk in the door is kind of whiff of whatever is festering in here,” said Jessica Ko-Dalzell. She and her husband Eric now own a mansion on a hill Sammamish….
Animal feces clogs the deck. Walls are punched out on different levels of the house. One even has an autograph. Pizza boxes and beer bottles are piled on the kitchen granite. Multiple guns were found in the home. Some appear to be air guns, but live ammo was also found. Dalzell said they also found a handgun. A makeshift shooting range is in the basement storage area. Eric Dalzell said load-bearing beams have graze marks from bullets, and part of the home’s foundation appeared to stop some of the slugs.
So, apparently he stopped paying for the housecleaning services.
If you are in the future buying a home from a former NBA player, the lesson here is caveat emptor.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 8
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 7
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)