Mar 5, 2013, 10:42 AM EST
If you read PBT’s And-1 links then you already know former NBA player Robert Swift was being forclosed on and getting kicked out of his Seattle area home (which the bank sold to another family). Except Swift was squatting there, refusing to leave.
Well, he’s out. But the interesting/disturbing part is what he left behind when he finally moved out over the weekend.
The people at komonews.com have the story (and video if you go to their site).
“The first thing you get when you walk in the door is kind of whiff of whatever is festering in here,” said Jessica Ko-Dalzell. She and her husband Eric now own a mansion on a hill Sammamish….
Animal feces clogs the deck. Walls are punched out on different levels of the house. One even has an autograph. Pizza boxes and beer bottles are piled on the kitchen granite. Multiple guns were found in the home. Some appear to be air guns, but live ammo was also found. Dalzell said they also found a handgun. A makeshift shooting range is in the basement storage area. Eric Dalzell said load-bearing beams have graze marks from bullets, and part of the home’s foundation appeared to stop some of the slugs.
So, apparently he stopped paying for the housecleaning services.
If you are in the future buying a home from a former NBA player, the lesson here is caveat emptor.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 6
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18