Mar 5, 2013, 9:19 PM EDT
If you watch even a little bit of NBA basketball, there’s no way you haven’t seen one of the Kia ads featuring Blake Griffin going back in time to give his younger self various tidbits of helpful information that will prepare him for the future that Griffin is dealing with now.
Griffin has always been among the players in the league with a legitimately strong sense of humor, so it’s not a surprise that he took that route in responding publicly to the hit he received in the groin from the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka on Sunday.
Kid Blake: Who are you? Future Blake: you from the future… Don’t listen to anything else I’ve told you just start wearing a cup.
— Blake Griffin (@blakegriffin32) March 6, 2013
Griffin wins. There’s no better way to deal with the aftermath of something like this than to take the high road with the joke, and make one of his sponsors happy by referencing one of his ad campaigns in the process.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 49
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65