Mar 5, 2013, 9:19 PM EDT
If you watch even a little bit of NBA basketball, there’s no way you haven’t seen one of the Kia ads featuring Blake Griffin going back in time to give his younger self various tidbits of helpful information that will prepare him for the future that Griffin is dealing with now.
Griffin has always been among the players in the league with a legitimately strong sense of humor, so it’s not a surprise that he took that route in responding publicly to the hit he received in the groin from the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka on Sunday.
Kid Blake: Who are you? Future Blake: you from the future… Don’t listen to anything else I’ve told you just start wearing a cup.
— Blake Griffin (@blakegriffin32) March 6, 2013
Griffin wins. There’s no better way to deal with the aftermath of something like this than to take the high road with the joke, and make one of his sponsors happy by referencing one of his ad campaigns in the process.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49