Mar 5, 2013, 9:19 PM EDT
If you watch even a little bit of NBA basketball, there’s no way you haven’t seen one of the Kia ads featuring Blake Griffin going back in time to give his younger self various tidbits of helpful information that will prepare him for the future that Griffin is dealing with now.
Griffin has always been among the players in the league with a legitimately strong sense of humor, so it’s not a surprise that he took that route in responding publicly to the hit he received in the groin from the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka on Sunday.
Kid Blake: Who are you? Future Blake: you from the future… Don’t listen to anything else I’ve told you just start wearing a cup.
— Blake Griffin (@blakegriffin32) March 6, 2013
Griffin wins. There’s no better way to deal with the aftermath of something like this than to take the high road with the joke, and make one of his sponsors happy by referencing one of his ad campaigns in the process.
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 10
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 19
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 11
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 11
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 19