Mar 5, 2013, 9:19 PM EDT
If you watch even a little bit of NBA basketball, there’s no way you haven’t seen one of the Kia ads featuring Blake Griffin going back in time to give his younger self various tidbits of helpful information that will prepare him for the future that Griffin is dealing with now.
Griffin has always been among the players in the league with a legitimately strong sense of humor, so it’s not a surprise that he took that route in responding publicly to the hit he received in the groin from the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka on Sunday.
Kid Blake: Who are you? Future Blake: you from the future… Don’t listen to anything else I’ve told you just start wearing a cup.
— Blake Griffin (@blakegriffin32) March 6, 2013
Griffin wins. There’s no better way to deal with the aftermath of something like this than to take the high road with the joke, and make one of his sponsors happy by referencing one of his ad campaigns in the process.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 0
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 8
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 34
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43