Mar 5, 2013, 9:19 PM EDT
If you watch even a little bit of NBA basketball, there’s no way you haven’t seen one of the Kia ads featuring Blake Griffin going back in time to give his younger self various tidbits of helpful information that will prepare him for the future that Griffin is dealing with now.
Griffin has always been among the players in the league with a legitimately strong sense of humor, so it’s not a surprise that he took that route in responding publicly to the hit he received in the groin from the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka on Sunday.
Kid Blake: Who are you? Future Blake: you from the future… Don’t listen to anything else I’ve told you just start wearing a cup.
— Blake Griffin (@blakegriffin32) March 6, 2013
Griffin wins. There’s no better way to deal with the aftermath of something like this than to take the high road with the joke, and make one of his sponsors happy by referencing one of his ad campaigns in the process.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29