Mar 4, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Sixers GM Tony DiLeo is the guy trying to answer maybe the most difficult question in the NBA this summer:
How big and how long a contract should you offer Andrew Bynum?
Before your answer, watch the interview above with Dei Lynam of CSNPhiully.com where DiLeo admits having arthroscopic surgery is on the table for Bynum.
“I think (arthroscopic surgery) is an option, I think he’s considering that. He’s going to talk to the doctors, get their opinion, then he can either continue rehab to try to get back, or the option might be what they call ‘wash out’ to clean up the particles in there and hopefully that will help him.”
How much would you offer a guy — a 25-year-old All-Star Center — coming off missing a season with multiple knee surgeries?
DiLeo said Bynum played full court five-on-five before this latest setback, and that changed the dynamic on the court in practice. Which is great, but the Sixers need that on the court in a game and they haven’t gotten it.
This is going to be an interesting summer in Philadelphia.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8