Mar 4, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Sixers GM Tony DiLeo is the guy trying to answer maybe the most difficult question in the NBA this summer:
How big and how long a contract should you offer Andrew Bynum?
Before your answer, watch the interview above with Dei Lynam of CSNPhiully.com where DiLeo admits having arthroscopic surgery is on the table for Bynum.
“I think (arthroscopic surgery) is an option, I think he’s considering that. He’s going to talk to the doctors, get their opinion, then he can either continue rehab to try to get back, or the option might be what they call ‘wash out’ to clean up the particles in there and hopefully that will help him.”
How much would you offer a guy — a 25-year-old All-Star Center — coming off missing a season with multiple knee surgeries?
DiLeo said Bynum played full court five-on-five before this latest setback, and that changed the dynamic on the court in practice. Which is great, but the Sixers need that on the court in a game and they haven’t gotten it.
This is going to be an interesting summer in Philadelphia.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'