Mar 4, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
Irving injured his knee in practice and tried to play through it, but it was clear he wasn’t himself when Jrue Holiday just dominated him in a meeting (nothing against Holiday, who is good, but he shouldn’t dominate this matchup like this) the Cavs decided to sit Irving for a stretch.
“I landed awkwardly,’ said Irving, explaining the injury for the first time since it happened. “It was just a deep bruise. When I was playing in Orlando and Miami I could feel it, and obviously I was just trying to play through it but it was really limiting to my ability to go to the basket and jumping off my right leg.”
Irving is averaging 23.3 points and 5.6 assists a game. He is the anchor to a young Cavs team that feels good about itself.
Dion Waiters stepped up his playmaking in those games, he had better than six assists a game, but he is not Irving. However, Waiters is out against the Knicks due to an illness.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7