Mar 4, 2013, 5:14 PM EST
With the Lakers having an off day after a win over the Hawks — and before a much tougher test with Thunder Tuesday — Kobe was asked about Sunday’s other talked about play at Staples Center where Serge Ibaka basically punched Blake Griffin in the groin. Kobe’s reaction, thanks to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
“I probably would have smacked him in the mouth,” Bryant said after practice Monday at the Lakers’ facility in El Segundo.
Griffin can take care of himself. Except he didn’t in this case because he was on the ground in pain after he got punched in… his private dunk contest, let’s say. That is where Kobe went Dalton.
“I would’ve dealt with the pain afterwards,” Bryant said.
Because pain don’t hurt.
We’re all still waiting to found out what the suspension (what it should be) or fine Ibaka faces is.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1