Mar 4, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
This shot was made out top.
The Lakers were down 1 with time running down in the game and Kobe Bryant was working the pick-and-roll with Dwight Howard. Off the switch on that Kobe got Al Horford on him and Kobe knew he had them. Horford can’t stop Kobe off the dribble — the Hawks big man is a good defender in space for a big, this switch can work most of the time, but not against Kobe when he’s playing like he’s in a time machine. Kobe backs up when he sees he switch and isolates on Horford.
Kobe blows by Horford, the help from Josh Smith is late and Kobe does a great job absorbing the contact and hitting the shot. Vintage Kobe. And with that, the Lakers are .500.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27