Mar 4, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
This shot was made out top.
The Lakers were down 1 with time running down in the game and Kobe Bryant was working the pick-and-roll with Dwight Howard. Off the switch on that Kobe got Al Horford on him and Kobe knew he had them. Horford can’t stop Kobe off the dribble — the Hawks big man is a good defender in space for a big, this switch can work most of the time, but not against Kobe when he’s playing like he’s in a time machine. Kobe backs up when he sees he switch and isolates on Horford.
Kobe blows by Horford, the help from Josh Smith is late and Kobe does a great job absorbing the contact and hitting the shot. Vintage Kobe. And with that, the Lakers are .500.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8