Mar 4, 2013, 8:42 AM EDT
This shot was made out top.
The Lakers were down 1 with time running down in the game and Kobe Bryant was working the pick-and-roll with Dwight Howard. Off the switch on that Kobe got Al Horford on him and Kobe knew he had them. Horford can’t stop Kobe off the dribble — the Hawks big man is a good defender in space for a big, this switch can work most of the time, but not against Kobe when he’s playing like he’s in a time machine. Kobe backs up when he sees he switch and isolates on Horford.
Kobe blows by Horford, the help from Josh Smith is late and Kobe does a great job absorbing the contact and hitting the shot. Vintage Kobe. And with that, the Lakers are .500.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50