Mar 4, 2013, 1:39 AM EDT
More than at the rim, when Smith was trailing and Kobe was dunking, Smith learned the lesson out hight when Kobe blew by him. Then Kobe elevated to throw down and there was nothing Smith could do about it but look bad.
Smith had his chance at revenge but fumbled the ball out of bounds on a play to win the game (to be fair, Devin Harris didn’t throw a good pass and by the time he got it there Smith had to rush because Dwight Howard was closing in for the block). At the end of the game, Kobe was the guys making plays and scoring of Smith. He was playing like it was the 1990s again.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22