Mar 4, 2013, 5:42 PM EDT
There are not a lot of positives for Wizards fans to take out of this season, it’s really about hope for the future. So when you see John Wall making key plays and knocking down jumpers in the final minutes to beat the 76ers Sunday, you take that as a positive.
And when you see Bradley Beal go down with an ankle injury in that game, you fear the worst. He had to be helped from the court.
The good news, it’s just a sprain reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
It is a sprain, with no structural damage, and the Wizards shooting guard likely will miss at least Wednesday’s game at the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Beal underwent more exams with team doctors and will be listed as day-to-day, according to the Wizards.
Beal has an assortment of little injuries mounting up, you can bet he is out at last one game and maybe a few more. No reason to rush him back.
In his last five games, Beal is averaging 20 points a game, is launching better than half his shots from three in those games and is hitting 45.5 percent. He’s starting to find a groove. It’s hope for the future.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10