Mar 4, 2013, 5:42 PM EDT
There are not a lot of positives for Wizards fans to take out of this season, it’s really about hope for the future. So when you see John Wall making key plays and knocking down jumpers in the final minutes to beat the 76ers Sunday, you take that as a positive.
And when you see Bradley Beal go down with an ankle injury in that game, you fear the worst. He had to be helped from the court.
The good news, it’s just a sprain reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
It is a sprain, with no structural damage, and the Wizards shooting guard likely will miss at least Wednesday’s game at the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Beal underwent more exams with team doctors and will be listed as day-to-day, according to the Wizards.
Beal has an assortment of little injuries mounting up, you can bet he is out at last one game and maybe a few more. No reason to rush him back.
In his last five games, Beal is averaging 20 points a game, is launching better than half his shots from three in those games and is hitting 45.5 percent. He’s starting to find a groove. It’s hope for the future.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17