Mar 4, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
UPDATE 11:58 pm: Carmelo Anthony said after the game this had been nothing new — his knee had been bothering him for a few weeks and this was more just a mold aggravation of what has already been going on. The good news is that no tests are scheduled and this is not some serious injury.
However, he will be re-evaluated on Tuesday and feels likely will be out Wednesday night and maybe more games after that. Here is what he told ESPNNewYork.com.
“It’s just sore, not pain, sore and stiffness,” Anthony said in a crowded corridor outside New York’s locker room. “It’s been going on for a while now.”
9:43 pm: Well, that was a fluke. It’s the kind of think you expect in U8 soccer, not so much on the NBA hardwood.
But Carmelo Anthony tweaked his knee bad enough tripping over his own feet that he had to leave the game in the Knicks eventual win over the Cavaliers and he did not come out of the locker room for the second half. As soon as we know more we will update this post.
Anthony was walking like it was nothing all that serious right after it happened., but at this point in the season the Knicks are not going to take any chances. He is the anchor of the franchise and the guy they must have clicking if they are going to make any kind of serious playoff run.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 4
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 36
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte