Mar 4, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
UPDATE 11:58 pm: Carmelo Anthony said after the game this had been nothing new — his knee had been bothering him for a few weeks and this was more just a mold aggravation of what has already been going on. The good news is that no tests are scheduled and this is not some serious injury.
However, he will be re-evaluated on Tuesday and feels likely will be out Wednesday night and maybe more games after that. Here is what he told ESPNNewYork.com.
“It’s just sore, not pain, sore and stiffness,” Anthony said in a crowded corridor outside New York’s locker room. “It’s been going on for a while now.”
9:43 pm: Well, that was a fluke. It’s the kind of think you expect in U8 soccer, not so much on the NBA hardwood.
But Carmelo Anthony tweaked his knee bad enough tripping over his own feet that he had to leave the game in the Knicks eventual win over the Cavaliers and he did not come out of the locker room for the second half. As soon as we know more we will update this post.
Anthony was walking like it was nothing all that serious right after it happened., but at this point in the season the Knicks are not going to take any chances. He is the anchor of the franchise and the guy they must have clicking if they are going to make any kind of serious playoff run.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37