Mar 3, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The Raptors found themselves trailing by eight entering the fourth quarter in Milwaukee on Saturday, but some hot three-point shooting from John Lucas III got them back in it, and the game was tight the rest of the way.
Alan Anderson wasn’t great in this one, despite leading the Raptors in scoring with 21 points — he played 29 minutes, but managed to get up 20 shots during his time on the court, making just eight, and going a brutal 1-7 from three-point distance.
But all is forgiven after a play like this.
With 6.1 seconds remaining in regulation, Anderson receives the ball along the baseline, isolated against the Bucks’ best defender in Larry Sanders. But Sanders is more of an interior presence, and Anderson exploited that by faking left and dribbling right, dropping Sanders to the floor which gave Anderson the uncontested dunk to tie the game at 104 and force the overtime session.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 54
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 35
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights