Mar 3, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
As is often the case with these types of things, there’s nuance involved, and it isn’t as easy as simply choosing one side over the other.
With that in mind, we present to you the video clip of Jordan responding to the question: Kobe or LeBron?
Jordan clearly sees a lot of himself in Bryant, both in terms of the way Kobe plays the game, as well as the way he values the pursuit of championships above all else. There’s a kinship there that’s evident when Jordan is speaking about him.
But as you’ll see, Jordan wasn’t exactly dismissive of LeBron, and pointed out his strengths immediately before ultimately settling on Kobe because of the number of championships that reside on each player’s respective resume.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 2
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4