Mar 3, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
As is often the case with these types of things, there’s nuance involved, and it isn’t as easy as simply choosing one side over the other.
With that in mind, we present to you the video clip of Jordan responding to the question: Kobe or LeBron?
Jordan clearly sees a lot of himself in Bryant, both in terms of the way Kobe plays the game, as well as the way he values the pursuit of championships above all else. There’s a kinship there that’s evident when Jordan is speaking about him.
But as you’ll see, Jordan wasn’t exactly dismissive of LeBron, and pointed out his strengths immediately before ultimately settling on Kobe because of the number of championships that reside on each player’s respective resume.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2