Mar 3, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
As is often the case with these types of things, there’s nuance involved, and it isn’t as easy as simply choosing one side over the other.
With that in mind, we present to you the video clip of Jordan responding to the question: Kobe or LeBron?
Jordan clearly sees a lot of himself in Bryant, both in terms of the way Kobe plays the game, as well as the way he values the pursuit of championships above all else. There’s a kinship there that’s evident when Jordan is speaking about him.
But as you’ll see, Jordan wasn’t exactly dismissive of LeBron, and pointed out his strengths immediately before ultimately settling on Kobe because of the number of championships that reside on each player’s respective resume.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29