Mar 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
That wasn’t pretty.
The Spurs have the ability to keep winning when anybody misses time, but this is going to be another whole new level of challenge — Tony Parker sprained his ankle late in the third quarter and had to be helped off the court. He didn’t return.
How bad is it? Here’s the money quote, from Spurs blog 48 Minutes of Hell.
“He’ll be out a while. It was a good one,” Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said after the game.
As in expect him to be out weeks.
Parker is averaging 21.1 points her game on 53.4 percent shooting, with 7.6 assists a game thrown on top. He’s got a PER of 24.5 and is in the top five (if not top three) for the MVP race.
It’s going to be a pretty big drop off down to Patrick Mills and Nando De Carlo.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6