Mar 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
That wasn’t pretty.
The Spurs have the ability to keep winning when anybody misses time, but this is going to be another whole new level of challenge — Tony Parker sprained his ankle late in the third quarter and had to be helped off the court. He didn’t return.
How bad is it? Here’s the money quote, from Spurs blog 48 Minutes of Hell.
“He’ll be out a while. It was a good one,” Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said after the game.
As in expect him to be out weeks.
Parker is averaging 21.1 points her game on 53.4 percent shooting, with 7.6 assists a game thrown on top. He’s got a PER of 24.5 and is in the top five (if not top three) for the MVP race.
It’s going to be a pretty big drop off down to Patrick Mills and Nando De Carlo.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41