Mar 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
That wasn’t pretty.
The Spurs have the ability to keep winning when anybody misses time, but this is going to be another whole new level of challenge — Tony Parker sprained his ankle late in the third quarter and had to be helped off the court. He didn’t return.
How bad is it? Here’s the money quote, from Spurs blog 48 Minutes of Hell.
“He’ll be out a while. It was a good one,” Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said after the game.
As in expect him to be out weeks.
Parker is averaging 21.1 points her game on 53.4 percent shooting, with 7.6 assists a game thrown on top. He’s got a PER of 24.5 and is in the top five (if not top three) for the MVP race.
It’s going to be a pretty big drop off down to Patrick Mills and Nando De Carlo.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32