Mar 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
That wasn’t pretty.
The Spurs have the ability to keep winning when anybody misses time, but this is going to be another whole new level of challenge — Tony Parker sprained his ankle late in the third quarter and had to be helped off the court. He didn’t return.
How bad is it? Here’s the money quote, from Spurs blog 48 Minutes of Hell.
“He’ll be out a while. It was a good one,” Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said after the game.
As in expect him to be out weeks.
Parker is averaging 21.1 points her game on 53.4 percent shooting, with 7.6 assists a game thrown on top. He’s got a PER of 24.5 and is in the top five (if not top three) for the MVP race.
It’s going to be a pretty big drop off down to Patrick Mills and Nando De Carlo.
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 0
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 6
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 9
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 43