Mar 2, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
It looked bad when it happened and the word from Marc Spears at Yahoo is not good.
What a Grade 2 sprain means is there is partial tearing of the ligament. Treatment means immobilization and ice followed by a lot of physical therapy.
A return in exactly one month on April 1 would mean Parker would be back for the final nine games of the regular season heading into the playoffs.
In the case of the Spurs, it’s about Parker — playing the best ball of his career and leading the Spurs top 5 offense — back and fully recovered for the playoffs. The regular season, even if they surrender the top seed to Oklahoma City (and they could fall behind the three seed Clippers, who are 3.5 games back as of Saturday morning), it doesn’t matter nearly as much as being healthy and rested when the games get serious. Parker will get his rest now and his legs should be fresh, but the Spurs can’t have this really linger into the postseason.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18