Mar 2, 2013, 2:08 PM EST
It looked bad when it happened and the word from Marc Spears at Yahoo is not good.
What a Grade 2 sprain means is there is partial tearing of the ligament. Treatment means immobilization and ice followed by a lot of physical therapy.
A return in exactly one month on April 1 would mean Parker would be back for the final nine games of the regular season heading into the playoffs.
In the case of the Spurs, it’s about Parker — playing the best ball of his career and leading the Spurs top 5 offense — back and fully recovered for the playoffs. The regular season, even if they surrender the top seed to Oklahoma City (and they could fall behind the three seed Clippers, who are 3.5 games back as of Saturday morning), it doesn’t matter nearly as much as being healthy and rested when the games get serious. Parker will get his rest now and his legs should be fresh, but the Spurs can’t have this really linger into the postseason.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6