Mar 1, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
We told you on Thursday it was getting close, some team was going to sign reserve forward Louis Amundson as an energy guy for the rest of the season.
The Chicago Bulls are in talks with Louis Amundson about signing the veteran power forward, according to league sources.
A decision is expected Friday, sources told ESPN.com, with the Bulls and Amundson’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, scheduled to talk about specifics.
This is likely a 10-day contract, at least to start. It will probably become official over the weekend.
Bulls fans, know this is not a game changer. The Minnesota Timberwolves — without Kevin Love at forward — waived him. But he is a six-year veteran who brings a lot of energy to a limited role off the bench. You don’t question his hustle. And that’s something the Bulls may feel they need as they look for some frontcourt depth.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 9
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 14
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 53
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20