Mar 1, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
We told you on Thursday it was getting close, some team was going to sign reserve forward Louis Amundson as an energy guy for the rest of the season.
The Chicago Bulls are in talks with Louis Amundson about signing the veteran power forward, according to league sources.
A decision is expected Friday, sources told ESPN.com, with the Bulls and Amundson’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, scheduled to talk about specifics.
This is likely a 10-day contract, at least to start. It will probably become official over the weekend.
Bulls fans, know this is not a game changer. The Minnesota Timberwolves — without Kevin Love at forward — waived him. But he is a six-year veteran who brings a lot of energy to a limited role off the bench. You don’t question his hustle. And that’s something the Bulls may feel they need as they look for some frontcourt depth.
- Why shot-location defense matters 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 5
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 8
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 10
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6