Mar 1, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
We told you on Thursday it was getting close, some team was going to sign reserve forward Louis Amundson as an energy guy for the rest of the season.
The Chicago Bulls are in talks with Louis Amundson about signing the veteran power forward, according to league sources.
A decision is expected Friday, sources told ESPN.com, with the Bulls and Amundson’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, scheduled to talk about specifics.
This is likely a 10-day contract, at least to start. It will probably become official over the weekend.
Bulls fans, know this is not a game changer. The Minnesota Timberwolves — without Kevin Love at forward — waived him. But he is a six-year veteran who brings a lot of energy to a limited role off the bench. You don’t question his hustle. And that’s something the Bulls may feel they need as they look for some frontcourt depth.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16