Mar 1, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
We told you on Thursday it was getting close, some team was going to sign reserve forward Louis Amundson as an energy guy for the rest of the season.
The Chicago Bulls are in talks with Louis Amundson about signing the veteran power forward, according to league sources.
A decision is expected Friday, sources told ESPN.com, with the Bulls and Amundson’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, scheduled to talk about specifics.
This is likely a 10-day contract, at least to start. It will probably become official over the weekend.
Bulls fans, know this is not a game changer. The Minnesota Timberwolves — without Kevin Love at forward — waived him. But he is a six-year veteran who brings a lot of energy to a limited role off the bench. You don’t question his hustle. And that’s something the Bulls may feel they need as they look for some frontcourt depth.
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 0
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10