Mar 1, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
We told you on Thursday it was getting close, some team was going to sign reserve forward Louis Amundson as an energy guy for the rest of the season.
The Chicago Bulls are in talks with Louis Amundson about signing the veteran power forward, according to league sources.
A decision is expected Friday, sources told ESPN.com, with the Bulls and Amundson’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, scheduled to talk about specifics.
This is likely a 10-day contract, at least to start. It will probably become official over the weekend.
Bulls fans, know this is not a game changer. The Minnesota Timberwolves — without Kevin Love at forward — waived him. But he is a six-year veteran who brings a lot of energy to a limited role off the bench. You don’t question his hustle. And that’s something the Bulls may feel they need as they look for some frontcourt depth.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3