Mar 1, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
We told you on Thursday it was getting close, some team was going to sign reserve forward Louis Amundson as an energy guy for the rest of the season.
The Chicago Bulls are in talks with Louis Amundson about signing the veteran power forward, according to league sources.
A decision is expected Friday, sources told ESPN.com, with the Bulls and Amundson’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, scheduled to talk about specifics.
This is likely a 10-day contract, at least to start. It will probably become official over the weekend.
Bulls fans, know this is not a game changer. The Minnesota Timberwolves — without Kevin Love at forward — waived him. But he is a six-year veteran who brings a lot of energy to a limited role off the bench. You don’t question his hustle. And that’s something the Bulls may feel they need as they look for some frontcourt depth.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19