Mar 1, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT
Michael Jordan is the target of a Georgia paternity lawsuit claiming he is the father of a 16-year-old boy.
The suit, filed Feb. 6 by Pamela Smith, seeks child support, medical expenses and asks the judge to change the now 16-year-old son’s last name to Jordan. Smith says in the suit she welcomes a paternity test, reports TMZ, which broke the story.
Smith says in the suit she had sex with Jordan in 1995 and in June 1996 gave birth to Grant Pierce Jay Jordan Reynolds. Said boy has done a YouTube video saying Jordan is his father. His mother has pictures of herself and Jordan at a public event (which in and of itself proves nothing).
Jordan’s publicist had no comment for the Associated Press. Smith apparently does not have an attorney, the AP reports.
I’m not even going to guess about what is the truth here. There are no shortage of professional athletes with a string of children left in their wake. But there have been cases in the past where the woman was simply seeking money and went after the deep pockets of an athlete, even if they were not the father. It is possible Jordan is the dad. It is possible the woman threatened a public lawsuit if Jordan didn’t cough up cash and he stood his ground. I have no idea, I don’t care about Jordan’s sex life. I’m just a conduit of information in this case.
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 1
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm