Mar 1, 2013, 5:53 PM EST
Or, he can make a mental blunder that is a reason he is a regular on Shaqtin’ a Fool.
There have been a lot of explanations for this dichotomy in McGee’s game — focus, maturity, and a whole boatload of other ones.
JaVale McGee is one of the smartest guys I know. Like, he’s a nerd, plays with gadgets and is into technology. He’s funny–he’s got crazy jokes and his timing with jokes is really funny. You have to be really smart to think the way he does. He’s a thinker, so his mind goes into a lot of different places, and I think that can be taken the wrong way when he’s on the court–he can be an over-thinker at times.
Didn’t see that coming. And because it comes from one of the NBA players I most respect as a person (despite what Sixers fans like to think) I’m going to allow it.
Iggy also made a comment on nightclubs that pretty much sums up my opinion (save for the drinking part).
I think it’s just once you’ve seen one you’ve seen it all. With the exception of maybe Vegas or Miami once or twice, other than that it’s all the same to me. I can’t hear anything in the club with the loud music, so you’re in there and you’re like, “I CAN’T HEAR YOU BECAUSE OF THE LOUD MUSIC.” I hate that, yelling back and forth. And I don’t drink, so it’s kind of pointless.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10