Mar 1, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Or, he can make a mental blunder that is a reason he is a regular on Shaqtin’ a Fool.
There have been a lot of explanations for this dichotomy in McGee’s game — focus, maturity, and a whole boatload of other ones.
JaVale McGee is one of the smartest guys I know. Like, he’s a nerd, plays with gadgets and is into technology. He’s funny–he’s got crazy jokes and his timing with jokes is really funny. You have to be really smart to think the way he does. He’s a thinker, so his mind goes into a lot of different places, and I think that can be taken the wrong way when he’s on the court–he can be an over-thinker at times.
Didn’t see that coming. And because it comes from one of the NBA players I most respect as a person (despite what Sixers fans like to think) I’m going to allow it.
Iggy also made a comment on nightclubs that pretty much sums up my opinion (save for the drinking part).
I think it’s just once you’ve seen one you’ve seen it all. With the exception of maybe Vegas or Miami once or twice, other than that it’s all the same to me. I can’t hear anything in the club with the loud music, so you’re in there and you’re like, “I CAN’T HEAR YOU BECAUSE OF THE LOUD MUSIC.” I hate that, yelling back and forth. And I don’t drink, so it’s kind of pointless.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 7
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71