Mar 1, 2013, 5:53 PM EST
Or, he can make a mental blunder that is a reason he is a regular on Shaqtin’ a Fool.
There have been a lot of explanations for this dichotomy in McGee’s game — focus, maturity, and a whole boatload of other ones.
JaVale McGee is one of the smartest guys I know. Like, he’s a nerd, plays with gadgets and is into technology. He’s funny–he’s got crazy jokes and his timing with jokes is really funny. You have to be really smart to think the way he does. He’s a thinker, so his mind goes into a lot of different places, and I think that can be taken the wrong way when he’s on the court–he can be an over-thinker at times.
Didn’t see that coming. And because it comes from one of the NBA players I most respect as a person (despite what Sixers fans like to think) I’m going to allow it.
Iggy also made a comment on nightclubs that pretty much sums up my opinion (save for the drinking part).
I think it’s just once you’ve seen one you’ve seen it all. With the exception of maybe Vegas or Miami once or twice, other than that it’s all the same to me. I can’t hear anything in the club with the loud music, so you’re in there and you’re like, “I CAN’T HEAR YOU BECAUSE OF THE LOUD MUSIC.” I hate that, yelling back and forth. And I don’t drink, so it’s kind of pointless.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 2
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 7
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 17
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30