Mar 1, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Or, he can make a mental blunder that is a reason he is a regular on Shaqtin’ a Fool.
There have been a lot of explanations for this dichotomy in McGee’s game — focus, maturity, and a whole boatload of other ones.
JaVale McGee is one of the smartest guys I know. Like, he’s a nerd, plays with gadgets and is into technology. He’s funny–he’s got crazy jokes and his timing with jokes is really funny. You have to be really smart to think the way he does. He’s a thinker, so his mind goes into a lot of different places, and I think that can be taken the wrong way when he’s on the court–he can be an over-thinker at times.
Didn’t see that coming. And because it comes from one of the NBA players I most respect as a person (despite what Sixers fans like to think) I’m going to allow it.
Iggy also made a comment on nightclubs that pretty much sums up my opinion (save for the drinking part).
I think it’s just once you’ve seen one you’ve seen it all. With the exception of maybe Vegas or Miami once or twice, other than that it’s all the same to me. I can’t hear anything in the club with the loud music, so you’re in there and you’re like, “I CAN’T HEAR YOU BECAUSE OF THE LOUD MUSIC.” I hate that, yelling back and forth. And I don’t drink, so it’s kind of pointless.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 41
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 54
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10