Mar 1, 2013, 5:53 PM EST
Or, he can make a mental blunder that is a reason he is a regular on Shaqtin’ a Fool.
There have been a lot of explanations for this dichotomy in McGee’s game — focus, maturity, and a whole boatload of other ones.
JaVale McGee is one of the smartest guys I know. Like, he’s a nerd, plays with gadgets and is into technology. He’s funny–he’s got crazy jokes and his timing with jokes is really funny. You have to be really smart to think the way he does. He’s a thinker, so his mind goes into a lot of different places, and I think that can be taken the wrong way when he’s on the court–he can be an over-thinker at times.
Didn’t see that coming. And because it comes from one of the NBA players I most respect as a person (despite what Sixers fans like to think) I’m going to allow it.
Iggy also made a comment on nightclubs that pretty much sums up my opinion (save for the drinking part).
I think it’s just once you’ve seen one you’ve seen it all. With the exception of maybe Vegas or Miami once or twice, other than that it’s all the same to me. I can’t hear anything in the club with the loud music, so you’re in there and you’re like, “I CAN’T HEAR YOU BECAUSE OF THE LOUD MUSIC.” I hate that, yelling back and forth. And I don’t drink, so it’s kind of pointless.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1