Mar 1, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
Boston’s quest to find some depth off the bench for their front line has not ended with the signing of D.J. White since his return from China.
Friday the Celtics reached terms with Shavlik Randolph on a 10-day contract, something first reported at Real GM and since confirmed by other sources. Randolph is already in Boston and is reportedly at shootaround on Friday.
Randolph is a former Duke big man who played five years in the NBA, primarily for Philly and Portland, but who hasn’t played in the NBA since 2010. He has since played in China and Puerto Rico. He was strong on the glass but not of much use on the offensive end of the court.
It looks like Boston is going to try out a few guys in the “big guy at the end of the bench” role and see if anyone sticks.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47