Mar 1, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
Boston’s quest to find some depth off the bench for their front line has not ended with the signing of D.J. White since his return from China.
Friday the Celtics reached terms with Shavlik Randolph on a 10-day contract, something first reported at Real GM and since confirmed by other sources. Randolph is already in Boston and is reportedly at shootaround on Friday.
Randolph is a former Duke big man who played five years in the NBA, primarily for Philly and Portland, but who hasn’t played in the NBA since 2010. He has since played in China and Puerto Rico. He was strong on the glass but not of much use on the offensive end of the court.
It looks like Boston is going to try out a few guys in the “big guy at the end of the bench” role and see if anyone sticks.
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 3
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 11
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 9