Mar 1, 2013, 10:28 AM EST
Boston’s quest to find some depth off the bench for their front line has not ended with the signing of D.J. White since his return from China.
Friday the Celtics reached terms with Shavlik Randolph on a 10-day contract, something first reported at Real GM and since confirmed by other sources. Randolph is already in Boston and is reportedly at shootaround on Friday.
Randolph is a former Duke big man who played five years in the NBA, primarily for Philly and Portland, but who hasn’t played in the NBA since 2010. He has since played in China and Puerto Rico. He was strong on the glass but not of much use on the offensive end of the court.
It looks like Boston is going to try out a few guys in the “big guy at the end of the bench” role and see if anyone sticks.
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 0
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60