Mar 1, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
Boston’s quest to find some depth off the bench for their front line has not ended with the signing of D.J. White since his return from China.
Friday the Celtics reached terms with Shavlik Randolph on a 10-day contract, something first reported at Real GM and since confirmed by other sources. Randolph is already in Boston and is reportedly at shootaround on Friday.
Randolph is a former Duke big man who played five years in the NBA, primarily for Philly and Portland, but who hasn’t played in the NBA since 2010. He has since played in China and Puerto Rico. He was strong on the glass but not of much use on the offensive end of the court.
It looks like Boston is going to try out a few guys in the “big guy at the end of the bench” role and see if anyone sticks.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5