Mar 1, 2013, 10:28 AM EST
Boston’s quest to find some depth off the bench for their front line has not ended with the signing of D.J. White since his return from China.
Friday the Celtics reached terms with Shavlik Randolph on a 10-day contract, something first reported at Real GM and since confirmed by other sources. Randolph is already in Boston and is reportedly at shootaround on Friday.
Randolph is a former Duke big man who played five years in the NBA, primarily for Philly and Portland, but who hasn’t played in the NBA since 2010. He has since played in China and Puerto Rico. He was strong on the glass but not of much use on the offensive end of the court.
It looks like Boston is going to try out a few guys in the “big guy at the end of the bench” role and see if anyone sticks.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7