Mar 1, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
Coach Keith Smart saw him play and Brooks fell out of the rotation in Sacramento. You have to earn it to fall out of the rotation in Sacramento. When he has played he’s provided 8 points a game in an average of 20 minutes, but he had fallen out of favor in California
The Kings have bought out Brooks but he quickly has found a new home, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Brook, who played part of a season in Houston, will come off the bench and get minutes behind Jeremy Lin. He isn’t playing great, but he should give them a few solid minutes heading into the playoffs. At least that is the plan in Houston.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 4
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 3
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10