Mar 1, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
Coach Keith Smart saw him play and Brooks fell out of the rotation in Sacramento. You have to earn it to fall out of the rotation in Sacramento. When he has played he’s provided 8 points a game in an average of 20 minutes, but he had fallen out of favor in California
The Kings have bought out Brooks but he quickly has found a new home, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Aaron Brooks will likely sign with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) March 01, 2013
Brook, who played part of a season in Houston, will come off the bench and get minutes behind Jeremy Lin. He isn’t playing great, but he should give them a few solid minutes heading into the playoffs. At least that is the plan in Houston.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38