Mar 1, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
Coach Keith Smart saw him play and Brooks fell out of the rotation in Sacramento. You have to earn it to fall out of the rotation in Sacramento. When he has played he’s provided 8 points a game in an average of 20 minutes, but he had fallen out of favor in California
The Kings have bought out Brooks but he quickly has found a new home, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Brook, who played part of a season in Houston, will come off the bench and get minutes behind Jeremy Lin. He isn’t playing great, but he should give them a few solid minutes heading into the playoffs. At least that is the plan in Houston.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8