Mar 1, 2013, 7:29 PM EST
Coach Keith Smart saw him play and Brooks fell out of the rotation in Sacramento. You have to earn it to fall out of the rotation in Sacramento. When he has played he’s provided 8 points a game in an average of 20 minutes, but he had fallen out of favor in California
The Kings have bought out Brooks but he quickly has found a new home, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Brook, who played part of a season in Houston, will come off the bench and get minutes behind Jeremy Lin. He isn’t playing great, but he should give them a few solid minutes heading into the playoffs. At least that is the plan in Houston.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 21
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 37
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 56
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28