Feb 28, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Here’s a statistical break down at SI of what an insanely good month of February LeBron James had, trying to put it all in context. Look at it this way: The statistically worst shot in basketball is the long two pointer (16 feet out to the arc) and LeBron shot 62.5 percent from there in February. Or, look at what our friend Rob Mahoney laid out:
In their 12-1 February, the Heat scored an outrageous 120.4 points per 100 possessions with James on the floor. That’s almost 10 points better than Miami’s league-leading mark for the season, and thus on a completely different plane relative to the NBA as a whole.
• A couple of years ago when LeBron signed in Miami, our own John Krolik did a breakdown of what LeBron’s game might look like in Miami. He pretty much went Nostradamus on this, it’s brilliant.
• A great look at the Spurs from our friend Lang Whittaker at GQ.
• We mentioned yesterday in this space that former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw was in trouble with the law. TMZ will explain why: “According to the police report, 35-year-old Holdsclaw attacked (ex-girlfriend Jennifer) Lacy’s car with a baseball bat and then fired a gun inside the vehicle while Lacy sat in the driver’s seat.” Jail time is a real possibility here.
• A fun look at the bias of local announcing crews. It’s one of the annoyances for those of us League Pass addict.
• This has been out there for a while, but in Seattle they have confirmed that the Hansen/Ballmer group trying to buy the Kings put down a $30 million deposit on the team. Sacramento’s side of the spin will take center stage on Thursday as mayor Kevin Johnson is expected to announce who his large investors to keep the team in the city are.
• The Nets have sent Tornike Shengelia to the D-League.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25