Feb 28, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Omri Casspi just hasn’t worked out in Cleveland.
The forward from Israel showed promise early on in Sacramento but had fallen out of the Cavaliers rotation this season, and that was before his appendectomy recently that will have him out a month at least.
So the Cavaliers are talking about a buyout, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. Those discussions are on a fast track because Casspi would like to get it done before March 1. Which is tomorrow.
Picking him up could be a good low-risk gamble for the Rockets. Casspi has started to recover his three point shot this season following injuries that taken his shooting off line. If he gets that back, he’s mobile and he could find some good looks in the Rockets’ up-tempo system.
Casspi will be a free agent next summer. If there are not a lot of NBA teams interested there will be in Europe.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 15
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23