Feb 28, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Omri Casspi just hasn’t worked out in Cleveland.
The forward from Israel showed promise early on in Sacramento but had fallen out of the Cavaliers rotation this season, and that was before his appendectomy recently that will have him out a month at least.
So the Cavaliers are talking about a buyout, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. Those discussions are on a fast track because Casspi would like to get it done before March 1. Which is tomorrow.
Picking him up could be a good low-risk gamble for the Rockets. Casspi has started to recover his three point shot this season following injuries that taken his shooting off line. If he gets that back, he’s mobile and he could find some good looks in the Rockets’ up-tempo system.
Casspi will be a free agent next summer. If there are not a lot of NBA teams interested there will be in Europe.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 16
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 18
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4