Feb 28, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Omri Casspi just hasn’t worked out in Cleveland.
The forward from Israel showed promise early on in Sacramento but had fallen out of the Cavaliers rotation this season, and that was before his appendectomy recently that will have him out a month at least.
So the Cavaliers are talking about a buyout, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. Those discussions are on a fast track because Casspi would like to get it done before March 1. Which is tomorrow.
Picking him up could be a good low-risk gamble for the Rockets. Casspi has started to recover his three point shot this season following injuries that taken his shooting off line. If he gets that back, he’s mobile and he could find some good looks in the Rockets’ up-tempo system.
Casspi will be a free agent next summer. If there are not a lot of NBA teams interested there will be in Europe.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 2
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10