Feb 28, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
Omri Casspi just hasn’t worked out in Cleveland.
The forward from Israel showed promise early on in Sacramento but had fallen out of the Cavaliers rotation this season, and that was before his appendectomy recently that will have him out a month at least.
So the Cavaliers are talking about a buyout, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. Those discussions are on a fast track because Casspi would like to get it done before March 1. Which is tomorrow.
Picking him up could be a good low-risk gamble for the Rockets. Casspi has started to recover his three point shot this season following injuries that taken his shooting off line. If he gets that back, he’s mobile and he could find some good looks in the Rockets’ up-tempo system.
Casspi will be a free agent next summer. If there are not a lot of NBA teams interested there will be in Europe.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30