Feb 28, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
Omri Casspi just hasn’t worked out in Cleveland.
The forward from Israel showed promise early on in Sacramento but had fallen out of the Cavaliers rotation this season, and that was before his appendectomy recently that will have him out a month at least.
So the Cavaliers are talking about a buyout, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. Those discussions are on a fast track because Casspi would like to get it done before March 1. Which is tomorrow.
Picking him up could be a good low-risk gamble for the Rockets. Casspi has started to recover his three point shot this season following injuries that taken his shooting off line. If he gets that back, he’s mobile and he could find some good looks in the Rockets’ up-tempo system.
Casspi will be a free agent next summer. If there are not a lot of NBA teams interested there will be in Europe.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 39
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8