Feb 28, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
If you are suffering through Suns games this season, you could use a beer or two.
But it’s going to cost you.
Cork Gaines Business Insider put together a list of the beer prices at stadiums around the NBA and found that the Knicks and Suns were at the top of the list charging $9 a beer (thanks to KD at Ball Don’t Lie for finding it). By the way, you know those prices are for the domestic stuff, you want a craft brew or an import it goes up from there.
I get the Knicks — it’s New York, you expect to pay more for everything. But Phoenix? Well done Robert Sarver.
The least expensive? The San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder at $5 a piece. Go over to the Business Insider piece and see a chart of all the teams.
The average cost of a small draft beer at NBA games this season is $7.08. That is up 1.7% from last season ($6.96). For comparison, the average beer in the NFL is $7.28, in Major League Baseball it is $6.10, and in the NHL the average beer is $7.07.
That hockey and the NBA are similar is not a surprise, they share a lot of the same arenas. The NFL charges more because it can. Such is the way of the NFL.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 8
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16