Feb 28, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
We brought the play to your attention on Wednesday, and at the time, believed that Metta World Peace had gotten away with one, since two days had passed without any word of punishment being handed down from the league office.
We should know better.
The play was ignored by officials at the time, but if they had seen it and ruled it the way the league office did three days later, World Peace would have been ejected for his actions.
It’s worth noting that World Peace, along with teammate Dwight Howard, are tied for the league lead in flagrant foul points with five apiece. If either player commits just one more flagrant-one foul during the remainder of the regular season, they will receive a one-game suspension.
All players’ flagrant foul points, as well as technical foul counts, reset to zero at the beginning of the postseason.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 11
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23