You like fast cars? The new MotorSportsTalk blog is for you.

Feb 27, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT

Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach - Day 3 Getty Images

I’ll admit it, I’m not a huge motorsports fan. The one event I do go to every year is the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach in my own back yard. This April will be my 19th consecutive year there. I’ve covered it professionally plenty but had a lot more fun the past few years as just a spectator (from a condo overlooking the Shoreline straightaway, which is the best).

Racing is one of those things that is just better in person when you get a sense of the speed.

So I’ll be checking out NBC’s newest Sports Talk blog, MotorSportsTalk and you should be, too. It launched today and you can find out more here. You can also follow it on twitter.

The site will cover the gamut, from F1 and IndyCar to NASCAR and just about everything else in the world of burning rubber and left turns. Just like all the SportsTalk sites, everything you want and need to know about the world of auto racing with a plethora of posts every day.

Check it out. Right now. Go ahead. We’ll still be here talking hoops when you get back.

1. rsbell - Feb 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Welcome news!

I am just starting to really get into F1, and there isn’t much information on it here in the U.S.

2. broncobeta - Feb 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM

“I’ve covered it professionally plenty but had a lot more fun the past few years as just a spectator…”

Yes. Professionally.

3. wallio - Feb 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Why is it not on the mobile app?

And its about time! Thank you!

4. thestudiokida - Feb 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM

No, I don’t like fast cars. That’s why I’m reading ProBasketballTalk. I like fast men. Nohomo.

5. southbeachtalent - Feb 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Thats actually great news, huge NASCAR and F1 fan here.

6. hwatt - Feb 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

You forgot to mention how your bosses wouldn’t have made you do that if Danica didn’t exist.

7. marcusfitzhugh - Feb 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I just checked it out. It looks good. We motorsports fans need something else to read during our lunch hour. Thanks for the heads up.

8. acdc363 - Feb 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I’d check it out if it were on the app

9. BigBeachBall - Feb 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM

shake and bake…..

• juliath83 - Feb 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM

That just happened….

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches