Feb 27, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT
I’ll admit it, I’m not a huge motorsports fan. The one event I do go to every year is the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach in my own back yard. This April will be my 19th consecutive year there. I’ve covered it professionally plenty but had a lot more fun the past few years as just a spectator (from a condo overlooking the Shoreline straightaway, which is the best).
Racing is one of those things that is just better in person when you get a sense of the speed.
The site will cover the gamut, from F1 and IndyCar to NASCAR and just about everything else in the world of burning rubber and left turns. Just like all the SportsTalk sites, everything you want and need to know about the world of auto racing with a plethora of posts every day.
Check it out. Right now. Go ahead. We’ll still be here talking hoops when you get back.
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 13
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9