Feb 27, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like kids love pizza.
• Knicks coach Mike Woodson was wearing a T-shirt with his face on it. That may be the best coach shirt ever.
• I’d still bet on the Cavaliers winning that. Oden is in Ohio right now plus they can offer more money than those other teams.
• If you watch one player interview today, it should be Kenneth Faried — the Nugget forward who has two moms — talking homosexuality in sports with friend of this site Kevin Arnovitz at ESPN.
• A great look at Daryl Morey in Houston by my man Zach Lowe at Grantland, where everybody was frustrated with Morey but now the Rockets look good — they are playoff bound, they have James Harden, they just nabbed Thomas Robinson and they have enough cap space to offer a max deal to someone this summer. I’m looking at you, Dwight Howard.
• My guess is that the Rockets will not sign anyone this summer, they will carry over that cap space and look at the 2014 and 2015 classes. But as the Rockets win they will get attention from free agents. When LaMarcus Aldridge was asked what he told potential free agents to get them to Portland, his response was “We have cap space.” Guys will play where the money is.
• Former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw has been indicted in a shooting incident with her girlfriend.
• If you want an early look at how the NCAA Tournament brackets will break out, here is the current CollegeBasketballTalk thinking.
• I’m not sure he stays this summer, but Al Jefferson has a soft spot for Utah: “Utah’s been the best thing that ever happened to my career. This team has been the best thing that ever happened to me.”
• Michael Jordan purchased a new $2.8 million home in North Carolina. I bet it’s nicer than mine.
• Finally, Sixers coach Doug Collins says his team being young is no excuse for playing like…. fertilizer.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Mar 5, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
Hamilton was a piece in the Goran Dragic trade.
Mar 5, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
Dragic has praise for the Suns organization.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
The NBA wants to raise it to 20.
Mar 5, 2015, 4:45 PM EST
Westbrook has had four consecutive triple-doubles.
Steve Kerr on MVP race: “If Daryl Morey wants to run his own one-man campaign for James Harden, he can do that”
Mar 5, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
Kerr hasn’t been publicly lobbying for Curry.
Mar 5, 2015, 3:11 PM EST
Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball training experience, which featured workouts run by Tim Grover, Jerry Powell and Idan Ravin — who have trained guys like Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and LeBron James. Also includes performance reviews of Nike’s latest basketball shoes.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:31 PM EST
Dispute reportedly over terms of second season
Mar 5, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Sager will be on the sidelines for Thursday night’s Bulls-Thunder matchup.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:26 PM EST
Bulls guard pledges money to school
Mar 5, 2015, 12:53 PM EST
Warriors guard shows up Bucks
Mar 5, 2015, 12:11 PM EST
Nine players have ended a day leading the NBA in points per game this season
Mar 5, 2015, 11:41 AM EST
Suns wing might be NBA’s best dunker
Mar 5, 2015, 11:04 AM EST
Chris Paul frantically tries to get Jordan’s attention
Mar 5, 2015, 10:28 AM EST
Whiteside posts monster 18-25-4 in win over Lakers
Mar 5, 2015, 9:49 AM EST
Center will reportedly receive two-year contract
Mar 5, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
At least one Spur appears to be peaking
Mar 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He got a flagrant one for this foul.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Jason Smith dancing
Mar 5, 2015, 2:47 AM EST
Westbrook is putting up Jordan numbers.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:10 AM EST
This after the Celtics just smacked the Timberwolves pretty good.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30