Feb 27, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like kids love pizza.
• Knicks coach Mike Woodson was wearing a T-shirt with his face on it. That may be the best coach shirt ever.
• I’d still bet on the Cavaliers winning that. Oden is in Ohio right now plus they can offer more money than those other teams.
• If you watch one player interview today, it should be Kenneth Faried — the Nugget forward who has two moms — talking homosexuality in sports with friend of this site Kevin Arnovitz at ESPN.
• A great look at Daryl Morey in Houston by my man Zach Lowe at Grantland, where everybody was frustrated with Morey but now the Rockets look good — they are playoff bound, they have James Harden, they just nabbed Thomas Robinson and they have enough cap space to offer a max deal to someone this summer. I’m looking at you, Dwight Howard.
• My guess is that the Rockets will not sign anyone this summer, they will carry over that cap space and look at the 2014 and 2015 classes. But as the Rockets win they will get attention from free agents. When LaMarcus Aldridge was asked what he told potential free agents to get them to Portland, his response was “We have cap space.” Guys will play where the money is.
• Former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw has been indicted in a shooting incident with her girlfriend.
• If you want an early look at how the NCAA Tournament brackets will break out, here is the current CollegeBasketballTalk thinking.
• I’m not sure he stays this summer, but Al Jefferson has a soft spot for Utah: “Utah’s been the best thing that ever happened to my career. This team has been the best thing that ever happened to me.”
• Michael Jordan purchased a new $2.8 million home in North Carolina. I bet it’s nicer than mine.
• Finally, Sixers coach Doug Collins says his team being young is no excuse for playing like…. fertilizer.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Dec 25, 2014, 2:13 AM EST
This will be his fourth game missed with a sprained ankle, they are 1-2 without him the last three.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The Wizards are an underrated team in the East. The Knicks… not so much.
Dec 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Previewing the Bulls vs. Lakers matchup at the United Center.
Dec 24, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Colorways inspired by shoes Michael Jordan wore during his best Christmas Day performance.
Spurs and Thunder, who’ve been best in the West lately, both fighting for position entering Christmas matchup
Dec 24, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Injuries to Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Kawhi Leonard have put both teams behind the eight ball
Dec 24, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
An additional confirmation that no Deron Williams deal gets done on Sacramento’s side unless they can also get the talented young big man as part of the package.
Dec 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Young says Lakers played liked ‘Django Unchained’ without Kobe Bryant
Dec 24, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Boston has Brandan Wright, large trade exception
Dec 24, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
The NBA has given us some good presents to open for Christmas.
Dec 24, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
McHale earned this.
Dec 24, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
This is a low risk pickup by the Rockets at a good price.
Dec 24, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
A minor move, but one that should benefit both teams.
Dec 24, 2014, 12:36 PM EST
Expect more Tristan Thompson in the short term, a trade for Cleveland to land a big in the longer term.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
Miami fans will boo a little, but this isn’t Cleveland.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Lakers can use Steve Nash’s disabled-player exception to sign free agents
Dec 24, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Orlando’s fourth-year players have All-Star cases. Yes, really.
Kendall Marshall turns back to play, runs like an airplane to celebrate… Jared Dudley’s missed 3-pointer (video)
Dec 24, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Bucks don’t come back, fall to Hornets
Dec 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Wizards center gets big slam, but Bulls win
How much did Damian Lillard’s game tying shot Tuesday look like series winner vs. Rockets? A lot. (VIDEO)
Dec 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Same play, same spot, same result.
Dec 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Lakers star says he trusts Lakers management
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16