Feb 27, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like kids love pizza.
• Knicks coach Mike Woodson was wearing a T-shirt with his face on it. That may be the best coach shirt ever.
• I’d still bet on the Cavaliers winning that. Oden is in Ohio right now plus they can offer more money than those other teams.
• If you watch one player interview today, it should be Kenneth Faried — the Nugget forward who has two moms — talking homosexuality in sports with friend of this site Kevin Arnovitz at ESPN.
• A great look at Daryl Morey in Houston by my man Zach Lowe at Grantland, where everybody was frustrated with Morey but now the Rockets look good — they are playoff bound, they have James Harden, they just nabbed Thomas Robinson and they have enough cap space to offer a max deal to someone this summer. I’m looking at you, Dwight Howard.
• My guess is that the Rockets will not sign anyone this summer, they will carry over that cap space and look at the 2014 and 2015 classes. But as the Rockets win they will get attention from free agents. When LaMarcus Aldridge was asked what he told potential free agents to get them to Portland, his response was “We have cap space.” Guys will play where the money is.
• Former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw has been indicted in a shooting incident with her girlfriend.
• If you want an early look at how the NCAA Tournament brackets will break out, here is the current CollegeBasketballTalk thinking.
• I’m not sure he stays this summer, but Al Jefferson has a soft spot for Utah: “Utah’s been the best thing that ever happened to my career. This team has been the best thing that ever happened to me.”
• Michael Jordan purchased a new $2.8 million home in North Carolina. I bet it’s nicer than mine.
• Finally, Sixers coach Doug Collins says his team being young is no excuse for playing like…. fertilizer.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Tyson Chandler won’t be suspended for throwing punch at Dwight Howard in Mavericks’ Game 4 win over Rockets
Apr 28, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Watch and decide if this was the right call; it’s unclear, at best.
Apr 28, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Lopez has a player option for $16.7 million next season, but could opt out to re-sign a longer deal this summer — with Brooklyn, or with someone else.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
He could need surgery.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
The second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs just got very, very interesting.
Apr 28, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Apr 28, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
Williams silenced his critics with a 35-point outing, and Jack had some words for Pierce afterward.
Apr 28, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Apr 28, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Kidd jumped up and down to make sure to get the timeout he wanted.
Apr 28, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
The Lillard we remembered from last year’s playoffs was back.
Apr 28, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Can Austin Rivers have another strong game?
Apr 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Houston needs to make adjustments to the new Dallas starting lineup.
Apr 28, 2015, 2:13 AM EDT
Without Mike Conley to check him Damian Lillard ran free.
Apr 28, 2015, 1:14 AM EDT
D-Will tied his career playoff high with this.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:23 PM EDT
Michael Carter-Williams and Khris Middleton combined for 43 points.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:56 PM EDT
Series is now tied at 2-2.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Washington’s averaged defender distance to the Toronto shooter was 3.55 feet, the closest defense any team played in the first round of the playoffs.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
The doctor will decide if microfracture is needed while doing a scope.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:17 PM EDT
The Cavs will be without two starters for the first two games of next round.
Apr 27, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
Davis was +35 when playing while Green sat, -55 while Green was on the court at the same time.
Apr 27, 2015, 6:22 PM EDT
He would have been key against the Bulls to help space the floor.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2