Feb 27, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like kids love pizza.
• Knicks coach Mike Woodson was wearing a T-shirt with his face on it. That may be the best coach shirt ever.
• I’d still bet on the Cavaliers winning that. Oden is in Ohio right now plus they can offer more money than those other teams.
• If you watch one player interview today, it should be Kenneth Faried — the Nugget forward who has two moms — talking homosexuality in sports with friend of this site Kevin Arnovitz at ESPN.
• A great look at Daryl Morey in Houston by my man Zach Lowe at Grantland, where everybody was frustrated with Morey but now the Rockets look good — they are playoff bound, they have James Harden, they just nabbed Thomas Robinson and they have enough cap space to offer a max deal to someone this summer. I’m looking at you, Dwight Howard.
• My guess is that the Rockets will not sign anyone this summer, they will carry over that cap space and look at the 2014 and 2015 classes. But as the Rockets win they will get attention from free agents. When LaMarcus Aldridge was asked what he told potential free agents to get them to Portland, his response was “We have cap space.” Guys will play where the money is.
• Former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw has been indicted in a shooting incident with her girlfriend.
• If you want an early look at how the NCAA Tournament brackets will break out, here is the current CollegeBasketballTalk thinking.
• I’m not sure he stays this summer, but Al Jefferson has a soft spot for Utah: “Utah’s been the best thing that ever happened to my career. This team has been the best thing that ever happened to me.”
• Michael Jordan purchased a new $2.8 million home in North Carolina. I bet it’s nicer than mine.
• Finally, Sixers coach Doug Collins says his team being young is no excuse for playing like…. fertilizer.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14