Feb 27, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Hibbert has been suspended one game, as has the Warriors David Lee, the league announced Wednesday.
Lee will sit out Wednesday night when the Warriors travel to Madison Square Garden to take on the Knicks. Hibbert will sit out Thursday night when the Pacers host the Clippers.
I think the suspension for Lee is justified. Watch the tape above — when the shot goes up Lee gives Hibbert a full, blatant two-hand shove that starts this whole thing.
Hibbert came back at him and escalated it — he deserved the suspension, too, and may have only gotten one game because he apologized — but Lee deserved the night off.
It makes Wednesday difficult for a Golden State team that has just won three of their last seven.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 2
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 3
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8