Feb 27, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Hibbert has been suspended one game, as has the Warriors David Lee, the league announced Wednesday.
Lee will sit out Wednesday night when the Warriors travel to Madison Square Garden to take on the Knicks. Hibbert will sit out Thursday night when the Pacers host the Clippers.
I think the suspension for Lee is justified. Watch the tape above — when the shot goes up Lee gives Hibbert a full, blatant two-hand shove that starts this whole thing.
Hibbert came back at him and escalated it — he deserved the suspension, too, and may have only gotten one game because he apologized — but Lee deserved the night off.
It makes Wednesday difficult for a Golden State team that has just won three of their last seven.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 31
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 52
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31