Feb 27, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Hibbert has been suspended one game, as has the Warriors David Lee, the league announced Wednesday.
Lee will sit out Wednesday night when the Warriors travel to Madison Square Garden to take on the Knicks. Hibbert will sit out Thursday night when the Pacers host the Clippers.
I think the suspension for Lee is justified. Watch the tape above — when the shot goes up Lee gives Hibbert a full, blatant two-hand shove that starts this whole thing.
Hibbert came back at him and escalated it — he deserved the suspension, too, and may have only gotten one game because he apologized — but Lee deserved the night off.
It makes Wednesday difficult for a Golden State team that has just won three of their last seven.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11