Feb 27, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Hibbert has been suspended one game, as has the Warriors David Lee, the league announced Wednesday.
Lee will sit out Wednesday night when the Warriors travel to Madison Square Garden to take on the Knicks. Hibbert will sit out Thursday night when the Pacers host the Clippers.
I think the suspension for Lee is justified. Watch the tape above — when the shot goes up Lee gives Hibbert a full, blatant two-hand shove that starts this whole thing.
Hibbert came back at him and escalated it — he deserved the suspension, too, and may have only gotten one game because he apologized — but Lee deserved the night off.
It makes Wednesday difficult for a Golden State team that has just won three of their last seven.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 13
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 6
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)