Feb 27, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
When the game is decided and there are less than 24 seconds left, there is an unwritten protocol in the NBA — guys just dribble out the clock.
Tyreke Evans — his team down 12 in the second overtime and the game is decided — broke protocol and made a fool of himself on Tuesday night. Not only did he make the needless steal from Dwyane Wade, who was dribbling the clock out, but then he blows the layup. Look, if you’re going to make plays to pad your stats then dunk it and get your points.
That was just bad form and bad execution. Tyreke made a fool out of himself on that one and made himself a YouTube hit. Well done sir.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15