Feb 27, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
When the game is decided and there are less than 24 seconds left, there is an unwritten protocol in the NBA — guys just dribble out the clock.
Tyreke Evans — his team down 12 in the second overtime and the game is decided — broke protocol and made a fool of himself on Tuesday night. Not only did he make the needless steal from Dwyane Wade, who was dribbling the clock out, but then he blows the layup. Look, if you’re going to make plays to pad your stats then dunk it and get your points.
That was just bad form and bad execution. Tyreke made a fool out of himself on that one and made himself a YouTube hit. Well done sir.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 21
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20