Feb 27, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
When the game is decided and there are less than 24 seconds left, there is an unwritten protocol in the NBA — guys just dribble out the clock.
Tyreke Evans — his team down 12 in the second overtime and the game is decided — broke protocol and made a fool of himself on Tuesday night. Not only did he make the needless steal from Dwyane Wade, who was dribbling the clock out, but then he blows the layup. Look, if you’re going to make plays to pad your stats then dunk it and get your points.
That was just bad form and bad execution. Tyreke made a fool out of himself on that one and made himself a YouTube hit. Well done sir.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20