Feb 27, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
When the game is decided and there are less than 24 seconds left, there is an unwritten protocol in the NBA — guys just dribble out the clock.
Tyreke Evans — his team down 12 in the second overtime and the game is decided — broke protocol and made a fool of himself on Tuesday night. Not only did he make the needless steal from Dwyane Wade, who was dribbling the clock out, but then he blows the layup. Look, if you’re going to make plays to pad your stats then dunk it and get your points.
That was just bad form and bad execution. Tyreke made a fool out of himself on that one and made himself a YouTube hit. Well done sir.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16