Feb 27, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
When the game is decided and there are less than 24 seconds left, there is an unwritten protocol in the NBA — guys just dribble out the clock.
Tyreke Evans — his team down 12 in the second overtime and the game is decided — broke protocol and made a fool of himself on Tuesday night. Not only did he make the needless steal from Dwyane Wade, who was dribbling the clock out, but then he blows the layup. Look, if you’re going to make plays to pad your stats then dunk it and get your points.
That was just bad form and bad execution. Tyreke made a fool out of himself on that one and made himself a YouTube hit. Well done sir.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15