Feb 27, 2013, 2:58 PM EST
But the damage may be mitigated some after Hibbert apologized and spoke to the league about what had happened.
Hibbert said he gave his side of the story to the NBA this AM..His mom told him he should've just walked away. Roy also apologized to fans.—
Scott Agness (@ScottAgness) February 27, 2013
Hibbert is not a guy with a history of this kind of thing, so it may well be just one game. But who knows how the league will come down on this — you’ll have an easier time finding consistency in DeMarcus Cousins game than in the league office when it comes to suspensions.
I do love that Hibbert’s mom gave him grief.
Expect the suspension of Hibbert to become official from the league later Wednesday or maybe Thursday morning.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)