Feb 27, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
But the damage may be mitigated some after Hibbert apologized and spoke to the league about what had happened.
Hibbert said he gave his side of the story to the NBA this AM..His mom told him he should've just walked away. Roy also apologized to fans.—
Scott Agness (@ScottAgness) February 27, 2013
Hibbert is not a guy with a history of this kind of thing, so it may well be just one game. But who knows how the league will come down on this — you’ll have an easier time finding consistency in DeMarcus Cousins game than in the league office when it comes to suspensions.
I do love that Hibbert’s mom gave him grief.
Expect the suspension of Hibbert to become official from the league later Wednesday or maybe Thursday morning.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 0
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6