Feb 27, 2013, 2:58 PM EST
But the damage may be mitigated some after Hibbert apologized and spoke to the league about what had happened.
Hibbert is not a guy with a history of this kind of thing, so it may well be just one game. But who knows how the league will come down on this — you’ll have an easier time finding consistency in DeMarcus Cousins game than in the league office when it comes to suspensions.
I do love that Hibbert’s mom gave him grief.
Expect the suspension of Hibbert to become official from the league later Wednesday or maybe Thursday morning.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 0
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3